Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
All about game management. We have to learn to hold onto a lead.

We need to hold possession better, make timely substitutions, and quite frankly learn a bit of unsportmanship with regard to taking opportunities to waste time at set-pieces, injuries, and substitutions, an extra few seconds at every opportunity. A yellow card is worth such every time. It's the way of the game unfortunately and frustrates the hell out of the opponent and home fans.

All about game management. We have to learn to hold onto a lead.

We need to hold possession better, make timely substitutions, and quite frankly learn a bit of unsportmanship with regard to taking opportunities to waste time at set-pieces, injuries, and substitutions. It's the way of the game unfortunately and frustrates the hell out of the opponent and home fans.
Agree mate. But we were doing that comfortably until Baines needlessly gave away that penalty kick to let them back in the game.

Thats probably true and is the drawback. We need to see games out better.
Absolutely gutted on reflection of the result in isolation, but disheartened at the result and im sure the players will be hurting, particularly Richarlison, Baines and Coleman who in different ways need to be better.

At half time I would have snapped you’re hand off for a draw, but after 2-0 with 15 mins left? That’s very “Everton” and something needs to be done about it

Just watched the highlights again and that second Bournemouth goal is absolutely criminal, just like the Southampton goal was last week..

Opposing teams will now surely know how unbelievably disorganised we look at corners and will exploit that. When you have at least 3 opposing players with space around them in the six yard box you know something is seriously not right there..

There’s clearly an issue with the defense/managing games but I still think it’d best to judge this team once they all blend together and actually play games will 11 men tbh, we haven’t even started working on the negatives but I’d take this style over last seasons scrap all day long

Just watched the highlights again and that second Bournemouth goal is absolutely criminal, just like the Southampton goal was last week..

Opposing teams will now surely know how unbelievably disorganised we look at corners and will exploit that. When you have at least 3 opposing players with space around them in the six yard box you know something is seriously not right there..

I said to my mate that the organisation at the back was amateur at times. He reckons it was like that at Watford too, so lets hope it's only teething problem and not a huge one.

Bring back Williams.....

Not.

Five points from the first three is probably better than most expected. Considering two games have been with ten men, I think it’s a good start.

We should be more positive this year than last.

Also, playing pretty much the same team and individual and team performances have improved massively.

Come on Blues, still time to vote for the MotM - poll closes at 5.09pm on Wednesday... vote, vote, vote !!!!

Three major concerns:

1. Silva's reluctance to play the new signings who are fit (Zouma, Digne) and loyalty to those not good enough (Keane, Baines)

2. The game management which for me includes the sendings off and daft challenges

3. Zonal marking

I like Silva but if this continues he wont be here long. 1 win and 2 draws against Wolves, Southampton and Bournemouth is a poor result.

7 points should have been the realistic target. Unless we pull of shock wins against the top 6 I cant see anything better than 8th with a slight push for 7th unless Silva sorts the above out.

Oh and buy a centre forward in January.

Three major concerns:

1. Silva's reluctance to play the new signings who are fit (Zouma, Digne) and loyalty to those not good enough (Keane, Baines)

2. The game management which for me includes the sendings off and daft challenges

3. Zonal marking

I like Silva but if this continues he wont be here long. 1 win and 2 draws against Wolves, Southampton and Bournemouth is a poor result.

7 points should have been the realistic target. Unless we pull of shock wins against the top 6 I cant see anything better than 8th with a slight push for 7th unless Silva sorts the above out.

Oh and buy a centre forward in January.
thats a bit bold

last season we were terrible

we can't expect miracles straight away

our away record has been dreadful

expecting 7 points means your expecting us to win at least 1 of the first 2 away games

we can't just click our fingers and expect instantaneous results

hopefully we are building something long term now

Status
Not open for further replies.