Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree re VAR, I wasn't saying there was a foul or offside, but I think the ref should have immediately stopped the game as tarkowski was down with a head injury - that's a rule you can't really argue with
I'm going to anyway.

Tarkowski gets up and keeps playing. Moore gets up after holding his head and keeps playing. Tavernier gets up and keeps playing. The head injury system is a complete farce from top to bottom.

I agree he shouldn't have stopped play for Tarks injury but when he stops play for something that wasn't even a head injury when we tried to counter just shows the quality of refs is as low as ever. I thought also that Maupays left leg got kicked up with his penalty appeal. Overall though we are just a clueless team

When we lose football matches to a moment great play, like Tieleman’s goal the other week you say ‘ok, we’ve been beaten by the better team’

Here is how I’ve seen todays first half talking points

Even start, us with the best chances, snapshot from Maupay about ten yards out, dangerous cross from Patterson

Pickford error 1-0 down

Everton player down with head injury in the six yard box. The ball is cleared out and the referee lets a new attack come, during which the goalscorer jumps over our injured player to score. 2-0 down refereeing error and another player concussed during the move and subbed off immediately for his own health.

50/50 penalty shout on Maupay obviously not given - probably not a pen for me either but you’ve seen it given

Absolute horror tackle, flying in at top speed, off the ground, studs up making contact with Onana. Goes to VAR. spends minutes looking at it… nahhhhh probably fine.

Everton on a counter attack late in the half, game stopped because Bournemouth player who was cleanly tackled with the ball at his feet is down holding his head

So yeah, from those events we should be one down and they should be a man down and also, momentum changes a lot if we’re only one goal back and they’re a man down so who knows what might have played out differently

We didn't start badly but, just like last season, when you keep gifting the opposition goals you make it 10x easier for them and 10x harder for yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.