Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking again but with an added bonus of a ref put in a performance bordering on Collina levels of corruption.

Don't see a way we score 2nd half so if it was me i'd get Cannon on alongside Maupay who makes Rondon look like a more reliable lone striker.

Pickford
Patterson Coady Tarkowski Coleman
Iwobi Gana Onana McNeil
Maupay Cannon
Just try route 1 it for a half, get a few numbers in the box and crosses, got nothing else to lose at this point and if we try play through them we could be here the rest of the season and not score a goal.

The referee is a bellend.

This is the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen.

No; corrupt as F that's what he is.

If there was ever a case study of what’s wrong with English football and it’s referees then this game would be it. A game that could potentially decide a relegation come the end of the season. as well as if we’re being honest a manager’s job after today. The referee and VAR allowing the endangering of the welfare of one teams players but prioritising the other team’s.

This refereee shouldn’t just be demoted, he should be sacked on the spot and investigated. This sounds like a meltdown or all that but it is honestly disgraceful how they can so openly get away with it and this probably won’t even make notable news because it’s not a “big” game. I’d be shocked if there’s any coverage or it at all after today.

Genuinely don't know how you can judge anything we do when we are up against this ref

Apparently a two footed lunge is no longer a red card then

We get poor officiating weekly. They’re not an excuse but if you think their decisions don’t influence games then you’re wrong.

Everton have to ask the fa to investigate that ref, pure match fixing from the start

Hope Pawson gets a very bad concussion as he clearly doesn't care about our players.

Option 1: Dont send the team back out and accuse the ref of match fixing.

Option 2: Put Gordon on for Gray and ask our boys to kick them all over the park

I didn't think there was a world where I would support this, but we seem to have blundered into it. I think it's 100% justifiable at this point.

'The laws of the game permit a referee to abandon a match when they can't guarantee safety. Well, I've just told my lads that I can't guarantee theirs. I'm not sending them back out there when this referee doesn't stop play for our head injuries, but does for theirs. This referee won't send an opposition player off for a clear red leg-breaker. I'm sorry, but I'm not asking my players to put their careers at risk when the FA obviously could give two figs for their welfare.'
Completely agree.

Pawson has lost this game. Clear head injury not stopped, goal and a different player then gets injured. Potential pen, play on for a two footer and nothing given, pen isn’t even looked at on VAR. their player goes down holding his head from a shoulder to the chest and ref stops.

Shocking officiate.

Pickford needs to be held accountable for that first goal though.

I'm a little numb to it.

I wasn't expecting a result today. We don't do well away from home - how many years has it been since we've been competitive away from Goodison?

We always struggle at Bournemouth.

Our team is really poor.

I expected a tough relegation fight when the season started it without adequate improvement. I knew it was a relegation fight the second the window closed.

I hoped we'd stay out the bottom 3 come the window, when I hope we buy some creativity/goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.