Booing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Villa fans clap their players at Goodison when we battered them, the season they went down. The players walked over and not one fan gave abuse, they all clapped them like they'd won.

Forget that mentality, i want the players to know we're angry and won't accept that utter dross!

We boo the performance, and the managers subs.

I haven't seen a player get individually boo'd.

Jonjoe Kenny got a lovely ironic cheer for taking a shot at one stage...

People are free to act however they want at the match, but honestly what's the point in booing your own team during a match - have you ever seen it improve the situation? I completely understand the desire to make it known how you're feeling but it does affect players.

If you ever read the "Secret Footballer" it's one thing that is said about WHU supporters... that 'the secret footballer' had received the same instructions from multiple managers at multiple teams - when you go to play away at west ham just keep it tight for the first 15 minutes and the fans will get on their backs and everything is easier from that point onwards.

Booing subs or performances is irrelevant... all boos come across as boos. It's like 'ironically' watching crap reality TV... regardless of why you're doing it - you show up just that same in the ratings figures as people that love the show.

Jonjoe Kenny got a lovely ironic cheer for taking a shot at one stage...

People are free to act however they want at the match, but honestly what's the point in booing your own team during a match - have you ever seen it improve the situation? I completely understand the desire to make it known how you're feeling but it does affect players.

If you ever read the "Secret Footballer" it's one thing that is said about WHU supporters... that 'the secret footballer' had received the same instructions from multiple managers at multiple teams - when you go to play away at west ham just keep it tight for the first 15 minutes and the fans will get on their backs and everything is easier from that point onwards.

Booing subs or performances is irrelevant... all boos come across as boos. It's like 'ironically' watching crap reality TV... regardless of why you're doing it - you show up just that same in the ratings figures as people that love the show.

They didn't boo him.

We don't boo any individual player - honestly I've never seen it happen since I've been going the game in the last 10/15 years.

Boo a performance, a referee decision or even a sub choice. Never a player directly.

They didn't boo him.

We don't boo any individual player - honestly I've never seen it happen since I've been going the game in the last 10/15 years.

Boo a performance, a referee decision or even a sub choice. Never a player directly.

I'm not quite sure how anyone can know what anyone else is booing about.

When a player is subbed off and the crowd boos - how does anyone know if it's the player, the sub, the manager, the tactics or the length of time it's taking the make a sub that's being booed?

My point is that regardless of what the aim is, what's the point? What positive effect can booing possibly have on any of the above cases? If a manager made a substitute just because fans wanted them to make that substitute... then they really shouldn't be a manager - we should just crowd source substitutions using an app if that's the case (not a serious suggestion - just pointing out the sillyness of it all)

When a player is subbed off and the crowd boos - how does anyone know if it's the player, the sub, the manager, the tactics or the length of time it's taking the make a sub that's being booed?

My point is that regardless of what the aim is, what's the point? What positive effect can booing possibly have on any of the above cases? If a manager made a substitute just because fans wanted them to make that substitute... then they really shouldn't be a manager - we should just crowd source substitutions using an app if that's the case (not a serious suggestion - just pointing out the sillyness of it all)

Did you go the match on Saturday, mate?

Do you believe the ground were booing Cenk Tosun??????

it's all good and well sitting at home in your undies watching on your laptop in regards to the booing

but when your at the ground ( baring in mind this is not a freak result it has happened all season now ) watching the same garbage every single week it's frustrating, no one was getting booed directly not even cuco the clown.

it's always at HT/FT to let them know what they have just served up wasn't good enough

or the decision to bring a striker off for another striker when we are losing atg home to the second bottom team in the league

what good does it do? well after the game the media took notice and asked fat sam about it, he knows now that the [Poor language removed] he is serving up every single week isn't good enough and wont be accepted at this club. if we just clapped that off he'll probably finish the game thinking we're all happy with a point

if we Koeman weren't getting booed after the sh1te he served up he might still be here now

it's all good and well sitting at home in your undies watching on your laptop in regards to the booing

but when your at the ground ( baring in mind this is not a freak result it has happened all season now ) watching the same garbage every single week it's frustrating, no one was getting booed directly not even cuco the clown.

it's always at HT/FT to let them know what they have just served up wasn't good enough

or the decision to bring a striker off for another striker when we are losing atg home to the second bottom team in the league

what good does it do? well after the game the media took notice and asked fat sam about it, he knows now that the [Poor language removed] he is serving up every single week isn't good enough and wont be accepted at this club. if we just clapped that off he'll probably finish the game thinking we're all happy with a point

if we Koeman weren't getting booed after the sh1te he served up he might still be here now

Was that what I was doing ya?
Cheers mate

Their lucky it's just booing, if they played in Italy or Turkey and turned in these disgusting performances every week then they would have gangs of irate lunatics turning up at the training ground demanding answers.

I watched Villa fans clap their players at Goodison when we battered them, the season they went down. The players walked over and not one fan gave abuse, they all clapped them like they'd won.

Forget that mentality, i want the players to know we're angry and won't accept that utter dross!
Yes but I've heard Villa fans handing out the boos too.

They just don't do it as well as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.