Booing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorgeousgeorgeEFC

Player Valuation: £25m
I noticed that many supporters actually booed our players during the match today, with some even going as far as to shout abuse at them.

The journalist who interviewed Sam after the match also picked up on this development. He asked Sam about it and Sam said the following:

“I have no problem with them booing us, as they deserved booing. The players should listen to that, as I do.”

Is such behaviour from supporters productive, or is it futile? Does it make our players perform better, or does it play into the hands of the opposition? It's a difficult one.

It has its down side in individual cases when particular players allow it to effect their game.

It has the up side that players and manager know fully well that lack of 100% committment and particular football tactics will not be allowed at our club.

Booing the team at the end of the match if it’s clear they’ve not given 100% is perfectly acceptable, booing individual lads for making mistakes probably isn’t because, above anything else, it doesn’t help.

I tend to agree. When supporters used to single out the likes of Stones and Barkley it diminished their confidence and made them play worse.

However, if a team isn't giving 100% (I actually think our players ARE giving 100% at the moment) then of course the fans should be able to vent their frustration at full-time with a bit of booing.

Status
Not open for further replies.