Bobbys first kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the will from both him and the club is their mate it could be done, in terms of what it would do for our profile its priceless, in terms of rooney willing to take that much of a hit on wages, if he did i think it wipes away every bad memory of him as a young lid after his move to utd instantly

Like i say, its only a rumour, but It's one I'd trust. The will, it seems is certainly there on Rooneys side, but there is still a lot to be said by his agent, and the sides agreement.

hopefully some of the youngsters people talk about will be able to push claims for first tema places this year allowing funds to be spent on improving the first team, not just adding numbers to the squad

Like i say, its only a rumour, but It's one I'd trust. The will, it seems is certainly there on Rooneys side, but there is still a lot to be said by his agent, and the sides agreement.

Saying that like, i do still doubt it will happen.

If we were to sell Fellaini for, say, 25m, i'd expect us to still only spend about 20m and release some bull story about how close we were to pushing through a deal for a 10m plus player right on the deadline but it fell through due to dodgy or exploding knees, something like that.

Hopefully he will have around £25m to spend (either the TV cash or Fellaini sale or TV cash and Bill's promised pocket money!) so I think the spine of the team should be looked at.
My choices would be Smithies as cover for Howard, Lescott back where he belongs next to Jagielka, Fer/McCarthy if Fellaini goes, McManaman or Sinclair if he doesn't, and then with what's left go for either 1 or 2 strikers from Vossen/Pelle/Soldado/Finnbogason/Altidore/Castaignos/Lukaku/Diouf (not the sewer rat one!) to give us 3/4 front men to choose from.

I don't see the board mentality changing just because we have a new manager. Hopefully they will recognize the need to buy some depth, but unless Fellaini is sold, I do not see us splashing more than half the TV money on transfers and wage inflation.

I hate saying it, and people hate reading it, but some of that money has to go to restructuring some of our debt.

We will be lucky to get 3m for Heitinga and run the risk of losing most of that in loyalty bonuses and agents fees.The major saving would be in his wages.
It might be better to keep Heitinga in the squad,let his contract run out.He is an experienced squad member and would possibly allow Duffy to go out on loan if we do sign Alcaraz.It might well be that Martinez and Heitinga get on well and Heitinga gets back the form of two seasons ago..

We will have to pay somebody to take Gueye and Naismith is cover for a few positions so why sell him for a pittance.Martinez may be able to do for him what he did for Moloney.

ha cant polish **** mate

Why do people insist on adding McCarthy and McManaman to every single incoming.

They are both pyar and utter turbo gash.

I'd far from insist on signing either of those, McCarthy would be an improvement on Osman in midfield for us imo.

Now it has all come out...
Kenwright also promised Martinez he would be able to use any money raised by player sales for new signings.

"We are desperate to find new owners and new investment, but he will get support from everyone at the club and all the financial support," added Kenwright.

"By that I mean if he sells someone, he won't get 80 per cent of that, he'll get 100 per cent.

"Plus he has a certain amount of money for the transfer window which David was going to have.

"He was as interested in what I wanted as much as what he wanted.

Basically, he'll get nothing apart from what we can generate from player sales.

What did Moyes ever get aside from part of money from sold players? Answer = nothing.

Poor Bobby.

I've watched the press conference 3 times and it has started to concern me that there could be a complete squad overhaul process taking place over the coming years, Martinez seems to like the idea of buying and selling, but I really think we only need a maximum of three players. One in each outfield position.

Who those players are I have no idea.

For the next season or two, you're probably right - but our squad is ageing and we will have to rejuvenate it in the next three or four seasons. An overhaul is coming, eventually - and it's right that Martinez should be thinking about it.

Now it has all come out...

Basically, he'll get nothing apart from what we can generate from player sales.

What did Moyes ever get aside from part of money from sold players? Answer = nothing.

Poor Bobby.

not really, thats exactly what he said before..

im no kenwright apologist, but it makes us look silly if we make things up/twist things he says

we were likely to have some sort of transfer budget already, because of players leaving and extra tv income

To be honest i think we should sell fellanini this year as silly money is being splashed around atm, We just have to hope that Man U, Chelski, juventus and pray that manaco get involved in some bidding war for him. Bill sounded clubs out by saying that "everyone knows there's one player with a buyout clause but we are not planning on selling any" what really mean's hey everyone, lets play the price is right ...

Status
Not open for further replies.