Bobbys first kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get rid of Heitinga but the money we get for him will be low cos he's on brewsters. Even still with his and Neville's wages gone that's a lot of money saved.

An area of the first team we're desperate ti improve is in goal. That's worth 5-10 points a season to us alone if we get a top keeper.

Personally I think Mirallas would be better used up top or in a free role so we'd need a player to play on the right.

then we're pretty well covered everywhere else IMO.

uets.jpg

We'll get rid of Heitinga but the money we get for him will be low cos he's on brewsters. Even still with his and Neville's wages gone that's a lot of money saved.An area of the first team we're desperate ti improve is in goal. That's worth 5-10 points a season to us alone if we get a top keeper.Personally I think Mirallas would be better used up top or in a free role so we'd need a player to play on the right.then we're pretty well covered everywhere else IMO.
Heitinga,s contracts not that long so i cant see him getting a big fee. will be made up when he is gone myself, do need a keeper even if its only to keep howard on his toes or on the bench, and a few good squad fillers to put a bit of pressure on the first team. would be good to have a real choice in one or two postions, possibly a bit of pace around the place

Bill told you how much, a couple of quid.

I think he actually means, a couple of quid.

I reckon we might be pleasantly surprised -- i don't know, but i've suspected that Bill's been stashing a bit for a transition for a few years, probably only around 10mil. So at a wild guess, 10 + 2 from xmas + half of the new TV money without selling wouldn't shock me. He'll probably use our wage 'savings' for incumbent salaries.
Anyway, pure speculation... :)

Rooney here would obviously be great but it's never going to happen; he's on around three times as much as our highest earner and he's always after more

Heitinga,s contracts not that long so i cant see him getting a big fee. will be made up when he is gone myself, do need a keeper even if its only to keep howard on his toes or on the bench, and a few good squad fillers to put a bit of pressure on the first team. would be good to have a real choice in one or two postions, possibly a bit of pace around the place

I agree mate. Be made up to see Heitinga go after last season. He's already started making noises. Personally I don't see the point of buying a keeper to get the current one to up his game? Makes more sense to just replace him with a better one if we can afford to.

I think looking at it if Mirallas stays on the right we're only lacking pace up top and CM and I'm happy with Gibbo & Felli in there.

I'm interested to see what happens with Jela. I know he's not as bad as he looked last season. He'd never be a pro footballer if he was. I wonder if Roberto can get him back to a 15 a season man. We'd be some side with him firing.

Rooney would command a fee of 35 mil plus, and wages in the range of 100k.

Not a chance on earth he will go for anything close to 35 million, 20-25 much much closer to the mark, possibly less if the player himself forces the issue with another transfer request, the wages ARE the biggest single issue, he would have to settle for a lot less than he can get elsewhere, so guess its a case of how much enjoying his footy means to him, something which the lack of is the reason h wants out of utd

I think a little bit more than 10 myself but only a little bit, no more than 15 without selling Felli. Think Johnny will go for 4 mil, maybe Gueye for 1 and even Naismith for 1. Then about 8 million from TV money. But just a thought then, wasnt a figure tossed round not long after Moyes went that said (depending obviously the wages that Martinez is now on) that we save like 4 million a season from Moyes wages?

We will be lucky to get 3m for Heitinga and run the risk of losing most of that in loyalty bonuses and agents fees.The major saving would be in his wages.
It might be better to keep Heitinga in the squad,let his contract run out.He is an experienced squad member and would possibly allow Duffy to go out on loan if we do sign Alcaraz.It might well be that Martinez and Heitinga get on well and Heitinga gets back the form of two seasons ago..

We will have to pay somebody to take Gueye and Naismith is cover for a few positions so why sell him for a pittance.Martinez may be able to do for him what he did for Moloney.

I'd have snapped Bill's hand off for a net spend of around £5m, had Moyes still been in charge. Roberto will need a bit of a head start though. If I was the new man coming in I'd probably have a clear out and start again. Neville, Hitz and Mucha have gone so shift Jelavic, Heitinga, Naismith and Vellios (plus, Felli, if he wants to go) and rejuvenate the squad using the massive hole in the wage bill created by those names and the influx of cash from their fees. Then again, I don't, as of yet, trust Martinez to spend the money wisely. If Moyes had any targets in the relevant positions, we should use them.

I cant tell you how quickly i would accept £22m to get fellaini out. Martinez could buy 3 players that would have a much bigger effect on the team with that.

Oh and i dont like fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.