Blues without Felli.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
With all the doom and gloom following the Felli incident at Stoke, I had a quick look to see how we managed without him in the past. I recall that he was out for a while after he was nobbled by the Greek in red, so I checked the next nine games....
W5; D3; L1.
The only game we appear to have lost was Spurs away. Indeed, the first couple of games without the big fella saw us beat Chelsea and Man Utd and one of the other victories was City away. I'm not a stats man so apologise if this detail is wrong, but regardless it's not the end of the world and we are at our best when the chips are down. Stay positive.

As with most things that go well at Everton, it may mean that Moyes accidentally falls on a successful formula again.

My hope is that we see the emergence of Barkley in the attacking midfield role. I know we've seen little of him but I honestly believe he's going to be one of the greatest of his generation and I'd like to see if I'm right or wrong sooner rather than later.

It's a straight choice between a second support striker in Vellios or Naismith, or an attacking midfielder in Barkley. I'd like to see us try something different whilst the big man is out, and whilst I'm a Vellios fan I don't think he's ready to impact a game from the start consistently as of yet.

As with most things that go well at Everton, it may mean that Moyes accidentally falls on a successful formula again.

My hope is that we see the emergence of Barkley in the attacking midfield role. I know we've seen little of him but I honestly believe he's going to be one of the greatest of his generation and I'd like to see if I'm right or wrong sooner rather than later.

It's a straight choice between a second support striker in Vellios or Naismith, or an attacking midfielder in Barkley. I'd like to see us try something different whilst the big man is out, and whilst I'm a Vellios fan I don't think he's ready to impact a game from the start consistently as of yet.

There's no reason for this not to happen now. A creative player in attacking mid David? Who'd have thought that was a good idea.

has to be naismith behind jelavic. barkley looked ok on the right which naismith doesnt and naismith and jelavic had a great partnership at rangers

Didnt Barkley play deeper at wednesday? we might see Osman play higher up and barkley come and sit next to Gibson, though whether moyes would trust him there is debatable..

Zero chance Barkley will play a deeper role in the Premier League, none at all. If Moyes didnt, id 100% agree with him.

He's not ready to lead the line, but I reckon he can play off Jelavic. He can win balls in the air too - which seems to be what Moyes wants as an option from someone taking up that position.

Wishful thinking that Moyes will play Barkley in Fellaini's absence.

Not really. His other choices are Vellios or Hitzlsperger.

As others have said, id push Naismith up and have Barkley on the right. I think Barkley would be better on the right than Naismith, and Naismith just wants to try and score goals, so let him do it.

We need Victor back!

Ovieado on the left, Pienaar on the right, Naismith and Jelly up top.

Thats my guess what will happen rather than what I'd choose

Status
Not open for further replies.