Homepage Update: Blues weighing up Lookman loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure thats the case, look at chelsea

Why youngsters go to Chelsea

stock-photo-shovel-up-money-studio-photography-of-american-moneys-of-hundred-dollar-184487681.jpg

Confidence is everything in a player, especially a winger. I'd have no problem loaning him out for 6 months if I thought he would come back better. However, we must come first and we don't have the back up on the flanks to let him go.

Why youngsters go to Chelsea

stock-photo-shovel-up-money-studio-photography-of-american-moneys-of-hundred-dollar-184487681.jpg
Not wishing to digress too much but Chelsea have been way above any other club for their u18 set up for the past 5 or6 years, even City with their money haven’t caught up yet. They develop their own players from an early age as well as scouting the best and in fairness to them they look after them well when young. Then it breaks down and they can’t “convert” them into PL players for their own club.

Depending on where he goes on loan this could be great for his development, someone mentioned Bristol earlier in the thread.

If he stays here he'll likely only get a handful of sub appearances for the rest of the season.

I'd love for him to get game time whatever way he can. Personally, I think he's good enough to be getting regular minutes in our current side and would prefer to see us persist with him, even through the bad games he'll invariably have. But since that's not going to happen, let him get minutes elsewhere. This lad is going to be great.

i dont think he should be starting because he is i think still a bit too lightweight and gets bullied off the ball a bit too much, however I would be bringing him on for 30 mins at the end of every game to help us stretch teams and scare the life out of fullbacks. The lad is an undeniable talent and has been underused and thought it was criminal that he wasn't on the bench last week while that carthorse Bolasie was getting gametime.

Not wishing to digress too much but Chelsea have been way above any other club for their u18 set up for the past 5 or6 years, even City with their money haven’t caught up yet. They develop their own players from an early age as well as scouting the best and in fairness to them they look after them well when young. Then it breaks down and they can’t “convert” them into PL players for their own club.
The academy is then a failure surely?

A club academy should be to develop players for the first team first and foremost. Most don't make it sure but that's the end goal of it, free first team players effectively. So Chelsea for example not developing any is a failure from an academy side of things. For a business it's succesful as they profit on them all, but then it's almost akin to treating young players as products rather than footballers in a business environment

Status
Not open for further replies.