Bill's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeming so are you, loser

vic_bob_handbags.jpg

Quick question to the kenwright haters.. Did you hate him when he brought Ferguson home? Duncan was cruelly sold by Peter Johnson who had pound signs in his eyes. Bill brought the boy, our hero, home and loved him like we did (do!) everyone loved him when he bought johnson out, whats changed? He found a gem in David Moyes and helped bring european football back, something to celebrate and look forward to. Instead of looking down we look up. No longer fighting to stay up but competing for euro places. He does his best for us and thats all we can ask for at present!

Why would you hate him for it, even though at the time it was too much money for a crocked hero.

Hate's a bit strong but I wouldn't have been happy with his first choice Megson.

I loathe him now after years of nil investment, lying to the fans, closing down shareholder agm's, trying to move us to Kirkby to personally profit on a share sale, and worst of all...fouling up the Kings Dock opportunity.

The league finishes are down to Moyes only given the lack of budget he's worked with.

Quick question to the kenwright haters.. Did you hate him when he brought Ferguson home? Duncan was cruelly sold by Peter Johnson who had pound signs in his eyes. Bill brought the boy, our hero, home and loved him like we did (do!) everyone loved him when he bought johnson out, whats changed? He found a gem in David Moyes and helped bring european football back, something to celebrate and look forward to. Instead of looking down we look up. No longer fighting to stay up but competing for euro places. He does his best for us and thats all we can ask for at present!
Getting Ferguson back was an excellent example of why Kenwright shouldn't run the club. Ferguson ended up costing the club a massive amount of money at a time when they couldn't afford it. And what was his contribution for all that money? Very little. I wasn't enthusiastic about the signing even then because he had had a bad track record regarding injuries even at Everton and he wasn't exactly stellar at Newcastle either. Truth is, selling him for that much money to Newcastle was a good move, trouble was Johnson did it behind the manager's back.

And let's not forget Moyes was not Kenwright's first choice but Gary Megson. Walter Smith suggested Moyes to BK.

And what was his contribution for all that money? Very little.

Wrong mate. Ferguson contributed a massive amount to our total points in the season we finished 4th. Something like 11 points gained in terms of turning loses into draws and draws into wins once Big Dunc came on. No other player (at any club ) matched that impact as a sub that season.

Did a bit of digging and I could only find Toffeepleb saying Kenwright wanted Megson over Moyes. WSC actually reported that

"The Everton board were evenly split over who to approach for their managerial vacancy when Walter Smith was sacked in March 2002. It was on chairman Bill Kenwright's casting vote that they decided to approach David Moyes rather than Megson, who was about to take West Brom up to the Premier League for a second time."

When Saturday Comes - The Half Decent Football Magazine - Megson misery

There is a lot of merit in this Hayee

More wanted Dunc back than didn't, personally I thought it was a waste at the time. What it did do was bring a surge in ticket, shirt and other ephemera and it certainly raised moral in and around the club. It is blantantly stupid to suggest that the signing was Bills idea, it was Walter Smith, Kenwright does not interfere with matters of team picking.

Some love slamming the guy for being relatively poor, as though he had claimed to millions in the first place. I really couldn't give a sod where he got the money from but he was instrumental in getting Johnson out of our club and I will be forever grateful to him for that.

Does Bill have any faults, yes, doesn't everyone. IMO his worst fault is loyalty.....Smith remained as manager far longer than he should have and BK stood by him all the way until relegation threatened.

There are many people out there who would do a far worse job than Billy and in the present financial climate I remain very content with him at the helm of the club, even if its by proxy via Philip Green who only put funds in because of his best mate Bil

Another point is he has given Moyes chance to build a team, a squad with fantastic morale. Other chairmen would have got rid when times were hard - when we finished perilously close to the bottom, but kenwright has faith in us and its paid off tenfold! IMWT, in Moyes, kenwright trusts!

I think a good question is where are all the alternative sites in the City that LCC were banging on about during the whole Kirkby saga?

I would imagine the redevelopment of Goodison would be the most costly option open to the club and if true it seems yet again LCC have proved all they are good at is throwing spanners and paying lip service to the press.

*Dont forget to vote! lol

If Bill had millions he would be the ideal chairman, he has been patient and allowed a team to be formed and not made any knee jerk reactions. Some people where calling for Moyes' head in the past but what would we have ended up with?

We have the making of something very exciting and with a few choice additions (and more importantly a fully fit squad) we could do something special very very soon.

Wrong mate. Ferguson contributed a massive amount to our total points in the season we finished 4th. Something like 11 points gained in terms of turning loses into draws and draws into wins once Big Dunc came on. No other player (at any club ) matched that impact as a sub that season.
And we paid him 2 million pounds per year for his troubles for five seasons (in the one last he was paid less). So the total outlay on him after his second signing was over 14 million pounds and for that he managed just over 50 league starts in six seasons.

There is no way in hell he was worth what the club paid for him. He was the best paid player in the squad, and you don't pay that a player who usually comes on as a sub.

Last edited:
Kenwright's a liar who's presided over record levels of debt and zero investment; he's failed twice to sort out the club's overriding priority - stadium redevelopment/relocation; and we all live in fear of the next star name to be sold in any given transfer window.

But at least we're not Portsmouth....

And we paid him 2 million pounds per year for his troubles for five seasons (in the one last he was paid less). So the total outlay on him after his second signing was over 14 million pounds and for that he managed just over 50 league starts in six seasons.

There is no way in hell he was worth what the club paid for him. He was the best paid player in the squad, and you don't pay that a player who usually comes on as a sub.

Just remember this, it is the manager who decides who he wants to buy, never the Chairman, he just has to get the job done in finding the cash. If this was a 'Was Walter Smith a good managet' thread your comment would be valid and I would support you to the hilt, it isn't so are you saying the chairman should override any decision made by the manager..............a bit like Peter Johnson?, if you are then you don't know much about football pal

Kenwright's a liar who's presided over record levels of debt and zero investment; he's failed twice to sort out the club's overriding priority - stadium redevelopment/relocation; and we all live in fear of the next star name to be sold in any given transfer window.

But at least we're not Portsmouth....

I wondered where you were Dave, do you have this rant on cut and paste:D.

Kenwright is the chairman who has managed to produce the biggest turn over in our clubs history as well but then you know that don't you:D

Status
Not open for further replies.