Bill's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, fair enough, it isn't sourced. But only someone with total ignorance of the stadium situation could write it off as a flier: the board have said prior to the Kirkby decision that the club would have to stumble along as best they could in a run down stadium if the decision went against them, so it's hardly an incredible story in that respect. If, however, the next statement from the club is along the lines implied in today's NOTW, that piecemeal development is the new strategy, then that's something I think all blues will look at and be baffled/furious about. The time and money wasted on their mistake would be a big cross for Messers Kenwright, Elstone, Earl and Glovepuppet to bear.

The only reason you are giving this nonsense credence Dave is because you have your anti move obsession along with a hatred of Billy Keniswright........................piss into wine, you can't do it mate

It would seem that somehwere along the line the LCC have dangled a carrot on the other hand it could be just another piece of gutter journo to fill space.

The church would still be in the corner.:dodgy:

did any forum members ever climb on the church, there used to be loads on the top of the wall in old pics, i remember it on tv in the 70's. i take it they had got up from the church side of the wall ?

For the big matches, there used to be people sitting on the roof of the church.

On the more important matter of the ground, I'll hold my hands up and say straight away that I'm an out of the closet GP supporter. Why? Because "Everton" is more to do with feeling than with anything else. The only "real" thing we have to do with this idea is the ground (players, managers, even Chairmen come and go). The ground stays with us. The ground has seen too many of the true greats from Alec Young (of the 1906 vintage) through Jack Sharpe to Dixie, Joe, Tommy etc, etc. Not too many grounds can claim to have seen Pele, Eusebio etc.

I'll stop. You know all the stories already already.

The only question for me is how GP can best be redeveloped without losing its essential character. It needs to be bigger and it needs to be capable of attractin some extra income. In my view, this income will be marginal. Walton itself would have to change out of all recognition for us to attract major players in the corporate market.

Tart up the Bullens; put a second tier on the PE and fill in the cornrs.

That would cost £200 million? Pure bollocks and sold by men desperate to quash opposition to Kirkby.

My guess is you'll find that this option suddenly seems attractive and doable on a business basis. It won't solve our financial problems. That will only happen when Bill gives up the reins to others with deeper pockets, but it WILL provide us with a smarter venue whilst letting us tread in our dad's and grandad's footsteps.

I love Goodison and i love kenwright. He has not jeopardised our financial future in any way, he has balanced the books (well...you know what i mean) and has not left us struggling in the manner that leeds, portsmouth, man united, liverpool etc... have been!

I love Goodison and i love kenwright. He has not jeopardised our financial future in any way, he has balanced the books (well...you know what i mean) and has not left us struggling in the manner that leeds, portsmouth, man united, liverpool etc... have been!

Great post. You have to love the spirit and the passion and he isn't acting. Just times are changing and big money has moved in at a alarming rate for other teams. I don't care for this money being tossed around so freely.

Last edited:

Quick question to the kenwright haters.. Did you hate him when he brought Ferguson home? Duncan was cruelly sold by Peter Johnson who had pound signs in his eyes. Bill brought the boy, our hero, home and loved him like we did (do!) everyone loved him when he bought johnson out, whats changed? He found a gem in David Moyes and helped bring european football back, something to celebrate and look forward to. Instead of looking down we look up. No longer fighting to stay up but competing for euro places. He does his best for us and thats all we can ask for at present!

Status
Not open for further replies.