Bill Kenwright

So what now in terms of the Chairman position ? We now have an relatively uninterested owner, no chairman and a relatively inexperienced board in terms of football. Resolution of the ownership issue still seems a good bit off. Not good leading up to the re-opening of the transfer window.
Sooner things are progressed the better.
The first thing the new Chairman/Chairwoman must do, is to start the healing process. As witnessed on this thread the fanbase is horribly split in two over the last incumbent. We have to have a new dawn. A "new broom sweeps clean" speech or press release is badly needed. Mistakes made have to be recognised. That and a commitment to building trust with all Evertonians.

The first thing the new Chairman/Chairwoman must do, is to start the healing process. As witnessed on this thread the fanbase is horribly split in two over the last incumbent. We have to have a new dawn. A "new broom sweeps clean" speech or press release is badly needed. Mistakes made have to be recognised. That and a commitment to building trust with all Evertonians.
That’s more a CEO’s job though isn’t it?

I would say he operated exactly as he normally did, just that media had moved on to an extent he no longer understood it or could control by having his contacts in the right places. This time his tactics could be seen through and communicated as such and it exposed him.

He made his choices and aligned himself closely with some truly awful people, I can't comprehend where you have to be morally to be pals with phillip green. Spending his last year estranged from Goodison was a consequence of his own actions.

Aye this is where I am. Although the anger has turned to sympathy more than anything with his passing earlier this week. Whoever drafted that release really did a number on the divide between the fans and the board.

MOSH&FLOWERS.jpg

Part of his estate ; I assume they will pass to his wife and she will decide what to do with them. His holding is insignificant , only 1.3% .
Yep
I think if memory serves it equates to about 1750 shares?
Exactly.

The online Auction of Everton shares last week saw 52 shares sold to two seperate buyers at 3'700 pounds each.

In theory his wife/daughter have 6.5 million worth of Everton stock. Seeing as how it ended, I can't imagine they will be overly sentimental about holding onto them.

I admired Bill for being a self-made man who built up a tidy business and had
an interesting and varied life. However, in relation to EFC my biggest complaint
is that he never had sufficient dosh to run a big, capital-intensive operation like EFC.
He was like a bloke who gets by luck a Rolls-Royce and cant afford the insurance.

Lets not forget that he was the one of the worst Chairman EFC have had.

I have made various complaints and admittedly insulting remarks about BK's tenure as chairman and owner. These comments focused on his competence, sometimes appearance and also the 'impression' I had of his attitude towards people given what I saw of him on screen and quoted as saying in the press.

Not sure why I feel bad for those remarks now he's gone. Ultimately, I never met him in person to really judge him as a person. Obviously his time as Chairman etc is well documented.

If there is a redeeming impression I have gained from reading more lately from people who knew him better, it was a readiness and instinct for Everton FC to work in its community. My own mother is disabled and the help and assistance we have at Goodison is the benchmark for top venues for disabled supporters in the UK (by and large only a couple of the Test Cricket grounds are on par with EFC in our various experiences).

Everton is rightly admired for its work in the community in various other aspects too.

For BK's part in any of that - respect. I hope that is a more positive and enduring focus for his contribution during his time at the club.

RIP Bill.

I have made various complaints and admittedly insulting remarks about BK's tenure as chairman and owner. These comments focused on his competence, sometimes appearance and also the 'impression' I had of his attitude towards people given what I saw of him on screen and quoted as saying in the press.

Not sure why I feel bad for those remarks now he's gone. Ultimately, I never met him in person to really judge him as a person. Obviously his time as Chairman etc is well documented.

If there is a redeeming impression I have gained from reading more lately from people who knew him better, it was a readiness and instinct for Everton FC to work in its community. My own mother is disabled and the help and assistance we have at Goodison is the benchmark for top venues for disabled supporters in the UK (by and large only a couple of the Test Cricket grounds are on par with EFC in our various experiences).

Everton is rightly admired for its work in the community in various other aspects too.

For BK's part in any of that - respect. I hope that is a more positive and enduring focus for his contribution during his time at the club.

RIP Bill.
It's the bit of your post when you mentioned about people who knew him better.
There's no doubt he was decent bloke who wanted the best for the club and we are hearing in a bit more detail some of his efforts.
I will applaud on Saturday but without the heartfelt feeling I've reserved for others. I will be respectful on the occasion.

It's the bit of your post when you mentioned about people who knew him better.
There's no doubt he was decent bloke who wanted the best for the club and we are hearing in a bit more detail some of his efforts.
I will applaud on Saturday but without the heartfelt feeling I've reserved for others. I will be respectful on the occasion.
I only met him once, during trying circumstances for my family, and in those circumstances he was friendly and compassionate without any of the trademark luvviness of his public persona.

He seems to have been a complicated character, with some good and some bad traits (possibly magnified by his business dealings), but on that personal level I found him likeable and approachable so I can see both sides of other people's views of him.

Objectively, he wasn't a successful chairman and it all ended in rancour and bitterness. Over the last few years I felt his interaction with the fans was poorly judged and divisive, but I still can't understand the level of hate projected by a tiny minority. I have read some really atrocious stuff since his death which does us all a disservice.

Anyway, the least we can do now is show some dignity and respect for another human being whose time has passed.