Bill Kenwright

Yeah I think it’s been long established that he couldn’t possibly love the club in the way he professes. He needs the club as an enabling platform for him to stay relevant in the public eye, ‘All the worlds a stage’ etc. Everton is an enabler for Kenwright in that regard, where as Kenwright is a disabler for Everton to perform well and competitively.
Totally agree with this. In fact that is totally the correct word. Everton fc enable him to stay relevant and it is probably a worthwhile add to his theatre business. Be interesting to see how long after he leaves Everton, Bill Kenwright production starts to struggle.

1685370298082.png

I’ve often found in the past , Mike Hughes to be a bit aggressive, condescending to people who complain about the chairman, particularly on after match phone ins.
I refuse to listen to it. Mike Hughes is a horrible bully on the phone in. Another brick in the Kenwright wall. I'd love to see a new regime at Goodison bar these people from anything to do with Everton FC.

Totally agree with this. In fact that is totally the correct word. Everton fc enable him to stay relevant and it is probably a worthwhile add to his theatre business. Be interesting to see how long after he leaves Everton, Bill Kenwright production starts to struggle.
If I were to characterise the relationship, its an abusive relationship really in that one gives everything whilst the other takes everything…..there is no mutual benefit.

Has he popped up to somehow claim credit for yesterday yet?
No doubt he'll want to take full credit for keeping "his Everton" in the league, yet again - after all: if it wasn't for wise old Bill using his expertise and influence to get Dyche instead of letting 'madman Mosh' get Bielsa then "his club" would be relegated. His next open letter will probably be signed 'Chairman Bill, single-handed saviour'. 🤮

We also need to stop saying "if he has any love for this club". He doesn't. He's proven that time and time again. He has a completely different motive and uses his "true blue" strapline as a guise. Unfortunately a lot of us have fallen for it over the years
Ever see him on Pointless Celebrities? (I know, such an apt title for him). Exactly as you say:

Riffing on about who scored in the 66 FA Cup final to make out like he was Everton obsessed, it was utterly pathetic. You could see right through it and even Alexander Armstrong (the presenter) was looking at him as if to say "bit odd you pal"

Very much, a big act.