Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked the question were we excited at the prospect of a billionaire accountant and his very rich benefactor taking over the club and my answer would be yes I was. The difference is I had not been in conversations with Moshiri for 18 months prior to him taking over the club and still come to the conclusion that he was perfect for the club.
I would ask you a question do you think Bill would have still thought he was perfect for the club if he had stipulated that he would need to install his own man as chairman?

No idea, neither do you

I know that he is a polarising figure. What is his actual role at the club ?. I know that he is nominally called the Chairman , but what function(s) does he perform ?.
I would rephrase this question to What should he be doing as Chairman? The Institite of Directors defines it as:

The Chair’s primary role is to ensure that the board is effective in its task of setting and implementing the company’s direction and strategy.

The available evidence suggests that he has been an abject failure at this, under his stewardship we have used 'back of a fag packet' tactics to lurch from one financial crisis to another. this is not indicative of a proper Business Plan/Strategy being in place. I have a perception that they do not even hold properly minuted Board meetings. In any other company, such poor performance would result in removal from the position.

I would rephrase this question to What should he be doing as Chairman? The Institite of Directors defines it as:

The Chair’s primary role is to ensure that the board is effective in its task of setting and implementing the company’s direction and strategy.

The available evidence suggests that he has been an abject failure at this, under his stewardship we have used 'back of a fag packet' tactics to lurch from one financial crisis to another. this is not indicative of a proper Business Plan/Strategy being in place. I have a perception that they do not even hold properly minuted Board meetings. In any other company, such poor performance would result in removal from the position.
A very good point about Board meetings being recorded and minutes of the meeting being kept, erm that’s if there are any Board meetings!!

1658308296487.png

I know that he is a polarising figure. What is his actual role at the club ?. I know that he is nominally called the Chairman , but what function(s) does he perform ?.

Lampard in the Athletic piece published today;

"The chairman would always be very close to me on the football side and communicate regularly before and after.”

Moshiri said in his letter as well that Kenwright is involved with Thelwell in negotiating transfers. Yet some will still insist he's just a grandfather figure who has no influence and all his detractors are nasty bullies with a vendetta. He's done so much damage to the club and yet no one will force him out. We'll never be anything whilst he's here.

Clearly it's because between 1995 and the mid 2010s no other billionaires in the world were interested in getting involved in the richest, most watched, most in demand sports league in the world. Duh......
ah yea, good auld bill. Searching 24-7... For someone to bankroll him. Since he joined the board ('89) I think, he's had no intention of going anywhere.

Someone mentioned it before but Neville Southall is the greatest living Evertonian. Whether you agree with his politics or not (I consider myself fortunate to 100% agree with him) he should not be frozen out of the club by someone who's never kicked a ball and claims to be the biggest blue there is.

At the start of this thread, I suggested maybe some honorary role for Kenwright but as the season unfolded and I realized that even relegation wouldn't shift him, I think he needs to be gone with no trace from the club. And he needs to take all his yes men with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.