Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but we all know what Bill is like for being dramatic with his words, that means nothing, judge him on his actions, if thats the best you can come up with to slur him then happy days for #TeamBill
His actions saved us, at a time when we really were in a financial mess, he put us in a stable place only for Moshiri to do unfixable damage at a time when other clubs are pushing on and leaving us behind.
Your the kind of person who makes excuses for liars and shysters based on this comment.
Big fan of Boris Johnson I expect.

His main action for “saving us” was selling our best player.

Do you think Moshiri has self interest? What about Kia Joorabchian, do you think he has Everton's future on his mind? Maybe we should make him chairmen, since he will proberbly pick Bill's replacement, yeah sounds good that
Wouldn't make any of them Chairman, but I was responding on a thread specific to Bill Kenwright.

Your the kind of person who makes excuses for liars and shysters based on this comment.
Big fan of Boris Johnson I expect.

His main action for “saving us” was selling our best player.
haha ask anyone who was around at the time about how the bank were knocking on our door demanding money because of damage done before Bill, if we sold players we had too, what do you think we are going to be doing this summer?

haha ask anyone who was around at the time about how the bank were knocking on our door demanding money because of damage done before Bill, if we sold players we had too, what do you think we are going to be doing this summer?
Yes I’m aware the club were in trouble.

Was investment sought? Were new buyers pursued with a vision of taking Everton forward with a vision based around improvement and keeping hold of the hottest talent in English football since Gascoigne?

Nah thought not.

His legacy is nearly moving the club to Kirkby and presiding over the longest barren run in the clubs history.

I’m not self entitled. I don’t think we have a divine right to be challenging for anything, but it’s hard to deny my comments on his legacy.

I often think with Bill, he did what any fan who stepped up would do with the club, did some great things, dropped a few clangers, he never claimed to be all the bells and whistles, he was always honest about his intentions and limits. In that context he will always have my respect and gratitude.

The perilous position we are now in, we were in year in year out, we were a model to fall down the leagues like Forrest or Leeds. He safeguarded the welfare club, within the available means, he grew and built the club, we were banging our head of the glass ceiling of 5th and 6th for much of his years, without a bean, we even broke it one year. We thought money was the clear answer - turns out it wasn't.

Its not an easy gig as our new owner has found.

Yes I’m aware the club were in trouble.

Was investment sought? Were new buyers pursued with a vision of taking Everton forward with a vision based around improvement and keeping hold of the hottest talent in English football since Gascoigne?

Nah thought not.

His legacy is nearly moving the club to Kirkby and presiding over the longest barren run in the clubs history.

I’m not self entitled. I don’t think we have a divine right to be challenging for anything, but it’s hard to deny my comments on his legacy.
His legcay will be Bramley Moore, which is his main job now, and keeping us as an ever present in the Premier League which is some achievement considering the mess he bought and how many other clubs such as Newcastle, Villa, West Ham, Sunderland...etc have been yo yoing, even Manchester City have a relegation to thier name since the time True Blue Holdings thankfully took over.

His legcay will be Bramley Moore, which is his main job now, and keeping us as an ever present in the Premier League which is some achievement considering the mess he bought and how many other clubs such as Newcastle, Villa, West Ham, Sunderland...etc have been yo yoing, even Manchester City have a relegation to thier name since the time True Blue Holdings thankfully took over.

He always said he would find an investor ready to put money into Everton - he did - the fact that Moshiri is a loon is a different story- if all is to believed the development of BMD - was part of the takeover deal - on a phased basis there were milestones on the stadium development to be met contractually, before Moshiri could increase his shareholding - this has happened twice already as the site was acquired and ground broken on the stadium. When you look at it, Moshiri was an investor, then majority shareholder, then owner - all linked to increasing incremental shareholding on the basis of development of BMD. That s all Bill.

I never it see it mentioned, acknowledged or credited and that's unfair.

He always said he would find an investor ready to put money into Everton - he did - the fact that Moshiri is a loon is a different story- if all is to believed the development of BMD - was part of the takeover deal - on a phased basis there are milestones on the stadium development to met contractually, before Moshiri could increase his shareholding - this has happened twice already as the site was acquired and ground broken on the stadium. When you look at it, Moshiri was an investor, then majority shareholder, then owner - all based increasing incremental shareholding on the development of BMD. That s all Bill.
See that is a very good point, he did do what he promissed us, he did deliver, what happens next is on his replacement.

If Moshiri couldnt run the club as well as Bill ran it thats on Moshiri, we currently have one of the worst owners in the league and throwing money around wont hide that, neither should pics of a new ground thatwill only increase the value of his shares.

See that is a very good point, he did do what he promissed us, he did deliver, what happens next is on his replacement.

If Moshiri couldnt run the club as well as Bill ran it thats on Moshiri, we currently have one of the worst owners in the league and throwing money around wont hide that, neither should pics of a new ground thatwill only increase the value of his shares.

Thats it for me, he was always honest about his limits and what he hoped to do, while safe guarding Everton, he did that. He said he would find a buyer who would invest and build a ground - many said that was unrealistic - "let your trainset go Bill" - he did what he promised and constructed the takeover deal in a way that those key objectives had to be met before Moshiri could increase his shareholding, thats unbelievable - many would have took the money and run - that needs to be acknowledged and respected - we should be grateful as we watch a stadium emerge from the docks in the heart of the City.. Ill respect anyone who is up front and follows through, without any other agenda.

I look at Walsh and Brands and them stumbling through windows, when Brands got the Bullet, Bill stepped into the breach in Jan, he did five deals in and one deal out and recruited a new manager - we haven't seen that level of activity in a window in beards. The dude knows his way around football.

Last edited:
Could Bill answer what he feels he has contributed in positive terms, since 2016 in particular, and what makes his continued presence at the club essential?

I suspect the honest answer would be more in self-interest than club interest.
You think blue gravel and second hand tv's from arsenal grow on trees, show some gratitude and put your hands together

Status
Not open for further replies.