Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been the one constant during the least successful period in our club's history. A no brainer that he should go.

Regardless of what people think of Moshiri, he at least got our new stadium sorted, brought a world superstar (James) to the club, brought in one of the top 10 (and most decorated) managers in the world and bought and located us in probably most iconic building in the city.

Kenwright has still been chairman through Moshiri's tenure and making more operational decisions. Therefore he is most culpable.

If anything, Moshiri seems too trusting in agents and indeed operational people like Kenwright to run the club who just aren't good enough. That to me is his biggest flaw. He has at least made things happen and put money into the club.

What did Bill ever make happen? He appointed 2 managers, failed with countless opportunities to sort our stadium before Financial Fair Play was even a thing and failed God knows how many times to bring on new investment.

I will truly believe things are changing for the better when Bill has no influence at our club.

Remind me. Who decided after years and years of (supposedly) looking for buyers to sell the club to Moshiri? Who decided he was the best bet for EFC? Nobody forced Bill Kenwright to buy Everton FC all those years ago and if he didn't have the wherewithal to take the club forward (be it with his or someone else's money) then he should have left well alone. I don't blame him for not being a billionaire, I do blame him for overseeing a period of massive decline for Everton FC.
He didn't oversea a period of decline, he overseen a period of improvement, prior to him twice on the last day of the season we needed results to go our way to stay up, and since he has sold up we have been a disaster and almost turned into an irrelevance.
As for selling to Moshiri, nobody was against that at the time, nobody, ok it hasn't worked out but did you really want him to hang on? I didn't at the time but looking back i wish he had.
You say "if he didn't have the wherewithal to take the club forward then he should have left well alone" be honest at that time did you really want PJ to stay in charge? We were desperate to sell and he was the only person willing to do anything about it, even people with more money connected to the club like Grantchester (yes i know his wealth is land based) didn't shift PJ, Bill was the only one willing to do it, the Premier League didnt have the forigne investors interested like it has now, it was an either or BK or PJ

If Rooney comes in then I'm done.
For me I suppose it depends . If Rooney comes in , on Ferguson takes over , until the summer and keeps us up frankly I’m ok With that. I believe we’re in danger of relegation and a galvanising appointment is needed to unite , or at least come close to uniting, the fanbase . Once we’ve got the season out of the way and we can hopefully just about limp over the line then we can try and find someone appropriate because not a chance we’ve any kind of plan in place .

He didn't oversea a period of decline, he overseen a period of improvement, prior to him twice on the last day of the season we needed results to go our way to stay up, and since he has sold up we have been a disaster and almost turned into an irrelevance.
As for selling to Moshiri, nobody was against that at the time, nobody, ok it hasn't worked out but did you really want him to hang on? I didn't at the time but looking back i wish he had.
You say "if he didn't have the wherewithal to take the club forward then he should have left well alone" be honest at that time did you really want PJ to stay in charge? We were desperate to sell and he was the only person willing to do anything about it, even people with more money connected to the club like Grantchester (yes i know his wealth is land based) didn't shift PJ, Bill was the only one willing to do it, the Premier League didnt have the forigne investors interested like it has now, it was an either or BK or PJ

Not true. Tom Cannon and his consortium were just one other party who were in the running to take over. That there would not have been interest from others unknown is just ridiculous. True, we will never know what might have happened if A N Other had taken over instead of BK. I base my opinion merely on the facts, regards what did happen. Kenwright has been a dreadful custodian for this club. Anybody who can't see that is part of the problem, in my opinion.

Not true. Tom Cannon and his consortium were just one other party who were in the running to take over. That there would not have been interest from others unknown is just ridiculous. True, we will never know what might have happened if A N Other had taken over instead of BK. I base my opinion merely on the facts, regards what did happen. Kenwright has been a dreadful custodian for this club. Anybody who can't see that is part of the problem, in my opinion.
Worse then Moshiri? Worse then PJ? No chance.
Why didn't Tom Cannon buy it, or anyone else? Did they take a look at the books and see the state the club was in per chance?
Being in the running means nothing, not when you lose out to somebody who wasn't that wealthy in the first place, these consortium's easily could of got the club, if they were serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.