Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way he leaves Everton is in a coffin. Soz, but that's the truth of it.

Until then, we're stuck with the bugger.

Is that actually true mate or is it some hearsay?

To add to that I do a moderate amount of work with the ruling families of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

I had a meeting with Mansours management team about a year after they had completed the City deal, and during lunch small talk I asked them "Why city?“

They reply as exactly this:

"We approached Everton first, but received no encouragement to proceed"

They had no idea I was an Everton fan.

To add to that I do a moderate amount of work with the ruling families of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

I had a meeting with Mansours management team about a year after they had completed the City deal, and during lunch small talk I asked them "Why city?“

They reply as exactly this:

"We approached Everton first, but received no encouragement to proceed"

They had no idea I was an Everton fan.
Just what I need to read this morning , pass the bleach

Kenwright trousered £27 million when he sold up. He brought no new money to the club when he owned it. An odious, toad of a man.
He didnt have any to bring, but what he did have was a terrible platform to build on and a club nobody else wanted, but people turn a blind eye to Peter Johnson and his era because social media didnt exist then so its not as well documented. How much has Moshing brought? loads and for what, to go backwards, its not about throwing money at it, but understanding what is needed and having an actual plan. Bill's did at least take us forward, Moshiri is kiling us at an alarming rate at a time when football is getting harder and the gap is only getting bigger

He didnt have any to bring, but what he did have was a terrible platform to build on and a club nobody else wanted, but people turn a blind eye to Peter Johnson and his era because social media didnt exist then so its not as well documented. How much has Moshing brought? loads and for what, to go backwards, its not about throwing money at it, but understanding what is needed and having an actual plan. Bill's did at least take us forward, Moshiri is kiling us at an alarming rate at a time when football is getting harder and the gap is only getting bigger
I agree that it isn't just about throwing money at it.... but that doesn't equate to Kenwright moving us forward. How could his role in wrecking Kings Dock ever be construed as taking us forward. How could the destinatio Kirkby debacle ever be as a forward step? The loss of AGMs? His role was to provide funding for new infrastructure and for his manager. That manager had to buy and sell to create his teams. Everton Forums existed while Johnson was in control too, so that's hardly a valud point.

Remind me. Who decided after years and years of (supposedly) looking for buyers to sell the club to Moshiri? Who decided he was the best bet for EFC? Nobody forced Bill Kenwright to buy Everton FC all those years ago and if he didn't have the wherewithal to take the club forward (be it with his or someone else's money) then he should have left well alone. I don't blame him for not being a billionaire, I do blame him for overseeing a period of massive decline for Everton FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.