Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
….I actually wonder if Moshiri and Kenwright are in different camps & in a sense in conflict.

An axis of Kenwright, DBB and Brands that Moshiri finds difficult to break up from top down so he appoints Benitez to enable that. Similarly, Kenwright & DBB are at odds with the Benitez appointment. All conjecture but I think there’s conflict and different agendas at the top.

#TeamMosh

Why does Bill still get the blame, for everything? He's just a figure head, who is at least at all the matches. Obviously it's the owner that makes all the decisions.

Wake up mate. Bill Kenwright has been slowly killing this Club ever since the day he took it over.

For Everton Football Club to truly progress, he needs to go. As mentioned in a few posts back, its funny how his 24/7 search for investment stopped at the first man willing to keep him around.

….i know he’s the owner, Stephen, but I’m not so sure it would be that easy for him to remove a Chairman who is politically cemented into the club governance. I don’t even think Moshiri has a seat on the board.
He doesn’t have a seat on the board, but owns over 90% of the club. Maybe there is an agreement in place to keep him on. But you’d think that agreement, wouldn’t be for ever.

Unfortunately I only see kenwright leaving in a box

He doesn’t have a seat on the board, but owns over 90% of the club. Maybe there is an agreement in place to keep him on. But you’d think that agreement, wouldn’t be for ever.

Unfortunately I only see kenwright leaving in a box

….Moshiri could weaken Kenwrights position by removing his supporters on the Board. Brands has walked, his position made untenable by Benitez and indications are DBB is looking for a position elsewhere following Benitez’s appointment.

Moshiri might not shift Kenwright but he can make his role more honorary than powerful.

….Moshiri could weaken Kenwrights position by removing his supporters on the Board. Brands has walked, his position made untenable by Benitez and indications are DBB is looking for a position elsewhere following Benitez’s appointment.

Moshiri might not shift Kenwright but he can make his role more honorary than powerful.
This DBB situation really gets up my nose, what professional business employs somebody who has openly said they are looking for alternative employment but is happy to continue to take a wage while she looks for something better?
Out her now and replace her with someone with the right credentials and not another ex player.

It’s widely rumoured that David Prentice is joining the club with “Head of Communications” being touted as the role.

Social media cynics suggesting if this is correct, it’s yet another BK ‘job for one the boys’ appointment given DP is viewed as a BK ally.

Hasn't he been sat in the row behind Kenwright in the directors box for the past 2 or so seasons?

This DBB situation really gets up my nose, what professional business employs somebody who has openly said they are looking for alternative employment but is happy to continue to take a wage while she looks for something better?
Out her now and replace her with someone with the right credentials and not another ex player.
It’s largely rumour and speculation about DBB seeking alternative employment.
There, as far as I know, is no actual evidence of her advising the club she’s actively seeking alternative employment.
If however, she is looking to go and has indicated this to the board/owner, then this might be the reason Graeme Sharp was elevated to the boardroom ?

It’s largely rumour and speculation about DBB seeking alternative employment.
There, as far as I know, is no actual evidence of her advising the club she’s actively seeking alternative employment.
If however, she is looking to go and has indicated this to the board/owner, then this might be the reason Graeme Sharp was elevated to the boardroom ?
Fair enough mate but it seems to be out there and nobody at club have denied that she is leaving the job.
If Sharp has been elevated to the board to replace her what qualifications has he to got to be CEO of a football club ? We need to start putting square pegs in square holes.

Last edited:
One thing that so wound me up about Prentice in the days when I actually bought the Echo was when those American clowns owned Liverpool he couldn't stop writing article after article slagging them off, yet in all that time he never said a single bad word against this buffoon Kenwright, a man who has made mistake after mistake, told blatant lies and whose determination to cling on at all costs has single-handedly held this club back, one Prentice claims to support.

I actually emailed him several years ago over this and he replied and dismissed my criticisms.

Yes, it is prime cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.