2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
My then 7 year old son wrote to Bill Kenwright after we sacked Koeman to say he wanted to put his name forward for the job as manager this was the reply from BillView attachment 58549

That's not exactly a no tbh, I hope your kid didn't cling onto the hope. I have no angst towards bill, but all that reminded me was this

Attachments

• Boss.jpg
    Boss.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 225
Except, it was right there the whole time. Paul and Anita Gregg offered to put that cash up, in exchange for more control, and Kenwright refused. Whether it was a good thing long term or not, we will never know, and with the congestion in and around the arena when there's an event, I dread to think what it would be like with 5 times the amount of people there on a weekly basis.

But we will never know.

In hindsight, I doubt it would have been what we're wanting from BMD, steep stands etc.

Always thought if we got the stadium at kings dock, surely they've have created a much better transport infrastructure.

FYI - M&S arena is probably the worst venue in the UK. too small and the concourse/facilities are awful. They only just created a VIP bar, which is the size of a box room. Only thing that's going for it it's attached to an exhibiton centre.

Doesn't attract any major acts who opt for Manchester.

Frustrating what could have been put there.

In hindsight, I doubt it would have been what we're wanting from BMD, steep stands etc.

Always thought if we got the stadium at kings dock, surely they've have created a much better transport infrastructure.

FYI - M&S arena is probably the worst venue in the UK. too small and the concourse/facilities are awful. They only just created a VIP bar, which is the size of a box room. Only thing that's going for it it's attached to an exhibiton centre.

Doesn't attract any major acts who opt for Manchester.

Frustrating what could have been put there.

Funny you should say that.

The M&S Bank arena in the past 12 months has won over 50 event/conference contracts after competing against the likes of the 02 and Manchester Arena.

I assume you haven't been the M&S arena often? As it's one of the best in the country.

With regards to 'doesn't win acts' - that's utterly incorrect too. I suggest you get to know a product before you slander it.

Funny you should say that.

The M&S Bank arena in the past 12 months has won over 50 event/conference contracts after competing against the likes of the 02 and Manchester Arena.

I assume you haven't been the M&S arena often? As it's one of the best in the country.

With regards to 'doesn't win acts' - that's utterly incorrect too. I suggest you get to know a product before you slander it.

Like what? the vamps and john bishop? just checked - biggest upcoming act is Olly Murs and the drifters.

Manchester Arena: Buble, Kiss and Rod Stewart

It's got a low capacity and a decent distance from the mainline station. it makes up for it by having the convention and exhibiton centre (which also fails to attract the big acts, including doing a jarg comic con and jarg crufts)

One of the best? Have you ever been London, Manchester or Birminghams? Its facilities are miles apart and will struggle to compete the Anfield after it won concerts - and in the future Bramley Moore.

It'll become a white elephant.

And if you work there, sorry for hitting a nerve.

Like what? the vamps and john bishop? just checked - biggest upcoming act is Olly Murs and the drifters.

Manchester Arena: Buble, Kiss and Rod Stewart

It's got a low capacity and a decent distance from the mainline station. it makes up for it by having the convention and exhibiton centre (which also fails to attract the big acts, including doing a jarg comic con and jarg crufts)

One of the best? Have you ever been London, Manchester or Birminghams? Its facilities are miles apart and will struggle to compete the Anfield after it won concerts - and in the future Bramley Moore.

It'll become a white elephant.

And if you work there, sorry for hitting a nerve.

Elton John, Little Mix, Rod Stewart and Catfish all scheduled to play there with the likes of Courteeners and Mumford & Sons selling it out in 2 minutes a few months ago.

And yes, I work with the 02 in London and many other arenas in the UK and Europe. I don't work for the M & S Bank Arena, for the record.

Elton John, Little Mix, Rod Stewart and Catfish all scheduled to play there with the likes of Courteeners and Mumford & Sons selling it out in 2 minutes a few months ago.

And yes, I work with the 02 in London and many other arenas in the UK and Europe. I don't work for the M & S Bank Arena, for the record.

Sells out when it's "echo 2" which is where they reduce the size of the arena.

I hope it gets knocked down.

Sells out when it's "echo 2" which is where they reduce the size of the arena.

I hope it gets knocked down.

No, the main arena in the venue sold out in 2 minutes for Courteeners and Mumford and Sons.

Catfish sold out in even less time.

What's wrong with the Echo Arena? I think it's really good

I'm gutted every time I look at it because I think of what could have been...

It serves its purpose to be fair, but compared to other arenas it falls behind.

Manchester Arena is much bigger, connected to mainline station and has much better facilities - so it often gets chosen over the echo.

With Anfield being able to host concerts in a bigger, more iconic venue and our stadium, it'll become more dormant.

Like I said, looking back, our stadium would have been built without fan favourite suggestions currently in motion, sttep stands etc. And there's not much room for infrastructure

I like Bill

Could he have done a better job? Absolutely, but I think his heart was in the right place most of the time

You can critique his ability as chairman without attacking him personally

Agreed, a few on here also need telling he can be critiqued by fans without having personal attacks or have that shame tactic rubbish put on them

Status
Not open for further replies.