2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT, to expand on the above, Bill has made countless mistakes, the failed stadium moves, swerving the arabs at City, selling Rooney on the cheap, presiding over the downfall of the club.

I agree with whoever said it was Moyes that kept us in the league, 100%, without Moyes we would be in League One I reckon, cos we would have fallen and we would have fallen HARD. The club was an utter mess, Moyes rescued us for the grand sum of 14m over his 11 year tenure, miracle worker.

So im not a fan of Bill, but I do think he helped keep us in the league, if nothing else he appointed Moyes and gave him time after finishing 17th.

But honestly, 3 years ago he sold all his rights away, its no longer his show, so I just think its silly to blame him for whats happening now, blame him for the last 22 years, but the buck stopped 3 years ago, its no longer his show.

Probably not as bad as Bill made out, but we were in serious trouble, the accounts show, whether the banks would have ever done anything is open to debate.

From memory we were being financed year to year by a Barkley’s overdraft but that was secured against TV and Season tickets money the following year, it’s why relegation would have been catastrophic.

I often hear the banks forced us to sell Rooney, not the case for me, things were tight alright, but I don’t think debt or any outside influence forced the sale, it was more Rooney. Sure the money was beneficial, still think it was a poor deal 27 odd million. He really was a 50 mill player, how much money did he contribute to Utd in those years.

From memory we were being financed year to year by a Barkley’s overdraft but that was secured against TV and Season tickets money the following year, it’s why relegation would have been catastrophic.

I often hear the banks forced us to sell Rooney, not the case for me, things were tight alright, but I don’t think debt or any outside influence forced the sale, it was more Rooney. Sure the money was beneficial, still think it was a poor deal 27 odd million. He really was a 50 mill player, how much money did he contribute to Utd in those years.

Sadly once he started making waves it reduced our ability to drive a hard bargain.

Bill Kenwright is basically the Sam Allardyce of chairman/owners.

He’s the master of spin, which leaves people thinking that they need them and are actually grateful for having them.

He brings nothing worthwhile to the table. But, hey, at least we didn’t go down.

Ultimately, clubs go nowhere with people like them involved.

He’s the master of spin, which leaves people thinking that they need them and are actually grateful for having them.

He brings nothing worthwhile to the table. But, hey, at least we didn’t go down.

Keep peddling your useless cyber graffiti its hilarious.

Is that supposed to be negativity?

The difference being if those clubs wanted to sell their players under contract. We had a valuation for our player that wasn’t met. We could have refused to sell and there would’ve been nothing anyone could’ve done about it.

The desperation to protect the most unsuccessful chairman in the club’s history is very strange, Steve, I have to say.

Just one example. In our history, would you call overseeing our relegation to the then Second Division less successful? You do realise that Bill Kenwright doesn't actually PLAY for Everton, don't you?

Ah @Steve Wigan I remember your battles with the anti Kenwright posters on Bluekipper many years ago.

Some things never change lollol

In that case you'll remember that I am not simply 'pro Kenwright' I can always see other views, and respect them if they're sensible.:);) At least I don't change my ID, there must be lots of Kippers on here but I haven't a clue who they are. Shame on you all, hiding behind a different name!;):)

Who would you have thrown your hat in with when Johnson left then? I am neither pro nor anti Kenwright, but I do find it amusing that some lob every single negative about the last 20 plus years at him, while providing no other narrative.

Is that supposed to be negativity?

The difference being if those clubs wanted to sell their players under contract. We had a valuation for our player that wasn’t met. We could have refused to sell and there would’ve been nothing anyone could’ve done about it.

The desperation to protect the most unsuccessful chairman in the club’s history is very strange, Steve, I have to say.

No its not.

Status
Not open for further replies.