2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Didn’t we win Quizball back around 1969?

If so, we should include that on out Hounours List.
I remember we beat Bootle, more than once, in the late fifties and early sixties, at cricket, Davie Hickson and Albert Dunlop we’re part of the team, put that on our honours list !!!!

Steve, Bill can generate enthusiasm in people based on nothing concrete, Steve, I met him once, never produced an inch of enthusiasm in me, true to browbeat me after I asked him a simple question( politely) about whether Everton were going to sign anyone in that particular transfer window, came across as a very arrogant man, maybe I caught him in a bad mood that particular day.
I think you might have,Cameron. I've only spoken to him once, nothing to do with football, and his demeanour was pleasant but non commital,which it would be with a total stranger.I don't think he's going to give transfer information away to any random bloke, either. I've been present at an audition(not me auditioning I'm not really a performer )…and he was electric. Friend of mine was after a job and he opened his audition with 'I'm ****** and you've seen me six times isn't it about time you gave me a *** job' Bill replied with 'that's the kind of desire I want, and my buddy got the job. Toured in The Buddy Holly Story for a very long time. His enthusiasm spreads and so he gets people to work very cheaply,essential when mounting a big show.;)

I remember we beat Bootle, more than once, in the late fifties and early sixties, at cricket, Davie Hickson and Albert Dunlop we’re part of the team, put that on our honours list !!!!

Albert Dunlop was a fair cricketer, played for Sefton I think, or Bootle. There is a story(rumour, gossip, made up) that he used to climb out of the window at Sefton General, Mental Illness ward, to go and play cricket.

I think you might have,Cameron. I've only spoken to him once, nothing to do with football, and his demeanour was pleasant but non commital,which it would be with a total stranger.I don't think he's going to give transfer information away to any random bloke, either. I've been present at an audition(not me auditioning I'm not really a performer )…and he was electric. Friend of mine was after a job and he opened his audition with 'I'm ****** and you've seen me six times isn't it about time you gave me a *** job' Bill replied with 'that's the kind of desire I want, and my buddy got the job. Toured in The Buddy Holly Story for a very long time. His enthusiasm spreads and so he gets people to work very cheaply,essential when mounting a big show.;)
I never expected him to give me specifics about certain players, just whether we would be signing ANYBODY, but his attitude stunk, another time I spoke to John Moores, when he was Everton’s chairman, in the Anfield car park before a Liverpool game, Inasked Mr. Moore’s whether we would be signing Fred Pickering, he replied in a pleasant way, “ when the manager has asked me for transfer money in the past I’ve refused him”. Quite a contrast in his manner to bombastic Bill.

Mainly due to some luck and David Moyes.

Bill Kenwright has a lot to answer for.
He has nothing to answer for, anyone who was around in the Peter Johnson will know what a mess he made, that Bill had to pick up.
Nobody was going to take over when Bill did apart from Bill, if he hadn't we would be floating around with the likes of Notts Forest now.

You continue to sling your naivety over the forum like mud. Keep talking nonsense . Football contracts are very rarely worth the paper they're written on. That's why football transfer windows are so active. 'Oh dear...we can't buy him, he's got a contract' Are you for real ? The majority of players we and every other club are 'interested' in are under contract to their current clubs. That's why buy out clauses have come into fashion.
Is that supposed to be negativity?

The difference being if those clubs wanted to sell their players under contract. We had a valuation for our player that wasn’t met. We could have refused to sell and there would’ve been nothing anyone could’ve done about it.

The desperation to protect the most unsuccessful chairman in the club’s history is very strange, Steve, I have to say.

Is that supposed to be negativity?

The difference being if those clubs wanted to sell their players under contract. We had a valuation for our player that wasn’t met. We could have refused to sell and there would’ve been nothing anyone could’ve done about it.

The desperation to protect the most unsuccessful chairman in the club’s history is very strange, Steve, I have to say.

We had no choice, we had to sell Rooney, the banks wanted their money.

And plus he REALLY wanted to leave.

We had no choice, we had to sell Rooney, the banks wanted their money.

And plus he REALLY wanted to leave.

Is that true though? I lived through the Rooney transfer and while, we had debt and money was limited, I never remember the bank threatening to switch the lights off at Goodison.

He wanted to go alright, still will never forgive for how he did it, I don’t think he would of left unles he actively pursued it - that year.

Is that true though? I lived through the Rooney transfer and while, we had debt and money was limited, I never remember the bank threatening to switch the light off at Goodison.

He wanted to go alright, still will never forgive for how he did it.

Probably not as bad as Bill made out, but we were in serious trouble, the accounts show, whether the banks would have ever done anything is open to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.