2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t think he’s part of the issue of this football club for the past 20 years you need to have a word with yourself
I'm not sure anyone has said that. The whole club is rotten to the core, but neither is he solely responsible. Perspective comes with age, just because we had the worst of defeats yesterday, does not mean anyone who has tried their very best for the club (even if it has been poor at times) deserves unmitigated vilification from the fans. The term supporter is indicative of where we need to be, not simple hysteria and mob mentality.

They need us more now than they ever have. Suck it up and get on with it, that's what supporters do.

Look at Blackburn, Wigan, Charlton, Leeds - all were in the PL and all falling away to nothing. Whilst Kenwright is no saint, our club still have not fallen like they have - and you can add perennial bounce clubs to that list too, such as Palace, Norwich ... the list seems endless.

No, Kenwright is not even a good chairman, but he is far, far from the worst. And until one puts ones house and livelihood on the line for the blues, I think one should really at least acknowledge a man that did.

We have been mediocre during his chairmanship and no-one is content with that, but having a millionaire owner in an era of biliionaire ownership was never going to achieve the heights we wanted. If he retains his role as a puppet chairman as a reward for keeping us alive, I won't begrudge him that title.
How about we compare our club to fellow Premier League everpresents: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham instead of clubs who’ve always had a history of yo-yoing between the leagues?

How about we compare our club to fellow Premier League everpresents: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham instead of clubs who’ve always had a history of yo-yoing between the leagues?

We can do that, we were just below them generally. Understandable as we didn't have their spending power.

I was pointing out that he was not the worst chairman ever in the PL, not that he's the best. Do keep up.

I don’t care about the rest of the PL, I care about Everton. He’s the worst chairman in Everton’s history and he should have been punted after the Kirkby debacle.

I admire your passion but you are a dreamer. Not the only one by any means.

He is still not our worst chairman though.

I don’t care about the rest of the PL, I care about Everton. He’s the worst chairman in Everton’s history and he should have been punted after the Kirkby debacle.

Factually incorrect. Peter Johnson was the worst Chairman in Everton's history. However, you can't ask me to compare it to your choice of clubs to suit your agenda, then when I point out my argument, say you don't care about other clubs. It is either one or the other.

FYI I really care about Everton too and i think Kenwright has been disastrous.

He didn't have the option to have ambition! We were skint, what we did make on sales etc generally went back into the team or on increasing our existing players/staff wages so they would stay here. Its not a down playing of expectations its a managing of them. People like you (only use your turn of phrase here...) seem to think that we should have spent money we didn't have to show some "ambition" its utter fantasy stuff with zero basis in the real world.
The lack of spending money was never the issue. Though I would dispute that what we made from sales always went back into the club.

We didn't have a pot to piss in during the 90's either but we never looked as broken and aimless as we have under Kenwright's watch. I started going the match in 93 and we didn't lack ambition then. We where crap and everyone knew it but our crap players where capable of winning a derby every now and then because we weren't Bill Knewight's plucky little Everton yet. We weren't supposed to just be happy to be there and take part in big occasions.

Players being here for years have got nothing to do with him! Moshiri has been in charge for a while now and the chairman or board does not pick and chose who stays and goes anyway.
As chairman he obviously hold some influence on such matter, its delusional to pretend that he has no influence at all. If he doesn't and is totally and utterly irrelevant and about as useful as a broken lightbulb then he's an even worse chiarman then I thought. As long as he continues to have any influence on this club at any level it will remain a terrible act of self harm.

He is not the biggest failure in our history either. We have been relegated in the past (not sure if they had chairmen as such back then to be honest) and we have had relegation fights, we had none of them under him. No way is he worse than Johnson either. He was a fairly average chairman who had some bad moments and some solid ones.
He has overseen nothing but failure during his time here. He's not delivered anything even approaching success at any point.

Some might of done worse in shorter period but they got forced out. Kenwright is the longest drawn out failure ever. Just existing isn't success.

I think you are confusing mediocrity and reality.
The reality is that Kenwright is a failure full stop who never delivered anything approaching success to this football club and is a negative influence on it.

Factually incorrect. Peter Johnson was the worst Chairman in Everton's history. However, you can't ask me to compare it to your choice of clubs to suit your agenda, then when I point out my argument, say you don't care about other clubs. It is either one or the other.

FYI I really care about Everton too and i think Kenwright has been disastrous.
Peter Johnson tenure yielded 1 FA Cup.
What has Kenwright achieved?

Peter Johnson tenure yielded 1 FA Cup.
What has Kenwright achieved?

Come on mate don’t be like that. We all know Kenwright’s tenure has enriched us with silverware. How can you forget these momentous cup wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.