Bike Facilities at Goodison Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tory behaviour , yes. But remember our pals across the park , over 60% of them literally fly to home games so it could be worse.

Does anyone on here cycle to Goodison?

I'm a season ticket holder and I cycle to every home game. More and more people are cycling to games but there are issues with the bike storage facilities at the Park End, namely there are not enough spaces and those that are there are always blocked by skips, wheelbarrows, fences, vehicles and various equipment. Look on a match day and you'll see what I mean!

As much as it annoys me to say this, when I cycled to an away game at Anfield, I noticed they have a cycle reward program which I thought was to be admired: https://tinyurl.com/efcbike.

The people who went to the match against Huddersfield on Saturday will understand what I mean, the obstacles blocking the spaces were dreadful.

I hope the club can do something in the short term and plan in the longer term for facilities at the new stadium.

I've messaged the fans forum and hope it can be raised at a meeting with the club.
WOOL

Much like your worldview by the sound of it.

Have a look at what other clubs are doing, not just in the Premier League, to encourage cycling to matches.

lol

OK, I’ll bite.

Please point us in the direction of those Premier League clubs of which you speak, sir :pint2:

How do the RS, for instance, cater for their Raleigh riding fans?

Is Norman Tebbit a Gooner?

I walk the match, didn't know they had bike racks but its bad enough walking from the ground nevermind riding.. depending on which way you are going you'd need to walk your bike for 5-10minutes before its safe to cycle, be bothered trying to swerve in and out or say excuse me to a few thousand people.

But If they get more racks and it was less crowded I'd cycle the match but it never will be

I get my chauffeur to drop me off about a mile from the ground, get my folding bike out and I ride to the ground, where I am met by my chauffeur who puts it back in the boot.........

I hope the clubs helps you lad.......

Status
Not open for further replies.