Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true it really shows how oblivious to football Moshiri is.

Have you seen the club record of Bielsa entire club career, he averages 12-18 months at the clubs he's at.

Since 2014-15 he's been at Marseille Lazio Lille and Leeds and before that he was at Bilbao for 18 months.

18 months is a long gig at Everton these days

Did you not see us in the interim between Koeman and Alladyce, it was shocking with no reaction from the players.

There needs to be a root and branch investigation into the whole running of the club. We need to be ruthless and stop the jobs for the old boys. As much as I loved Big Dunc as a player he and the other ex pros etc need to go. Clean slate through the running of our teams and the philosophy that is applied. Get a manager in with all teams following the same strategy so it's easier to promote the youth as they will know exactly what is expected of them when they get their chance in the first 11.
Never understood the cult of Ferguson,11 goals in a season his best return total lack of restraint in games that cost us valuable points (Wigan, Derby County) if his appointment to the coaching staff was meant to instill some steel into this group of jelly fish then that's a fail.

Did you not see us in the interim between Koeman and Alladyce, it was shocking with no reaction from the players.

There needs to be a root and branch investigation into the whole running of the club. We need to be ruthless and stop the jobs for the old boys. As much as I loved Big Dunc as a player he and the other ex pros etc need to go. Clean slate through the running of our teams and the philosophy that is applied. Get a manager in with all teams following the same strategy so it's easier to promote the youth as they will know exactly what is expected of them when they get their chance in the first 11.
I believe that this is exactly what Brands and Silva have said they want and are working to achieve. These things don't just get switched on a week after a new manager walks in and every time you change manager a huge amount of work then goes wasted as a new way is started on. This should be reduced by having Brands defining some of this but it still causes upheaval. What the club needs right now is stability.

Is there any particular reason why you're allowed to give an example from 1961 to back up your point, but you're imposing a cut off point of 31 years later for somebody disagreeing with you?

No.

There is no “good reason”

Nor is there a “bad reason”.

They are two different posts replying to different posters about two different and unconnected points.

The first point is about hiring managers from Wigan or Watford being no different to hiring then from Oldham or Sheffiekd Wednesday and is illustrating that the only three succesful managers in the lifetime of anyone posting on here were all hired from what the poster might call “mediocre clubs” ergo one can only expect mediocrity.

And the second point is asking for examples since circa 1992 where a manager has managed to turn his club round and win trophies after “several years in the doldrums”.

Feel free to provide some examples of the latter phenomenon your own self.

(and don’t say Alex Ferguson....he had already won a domestic cup and a European trophy before winning the EPL for the first time)

Thank you.

If our club's tactical strategy is to boringly pass the ball side-to-side from one side of the defense to the other, as Little Marco likes to do, than Brands can go to.

Never understood the cult of Ferguson,11 goals in a season his best return total lack of restraint in games that cost us valuable points (Wigan, Derby County) if his appointment to the coaching staff was meant to instill some steel into this group of jelly fish then that's a fail.
He went broke and then bankrupt.
He is there to get back on his feet again.

To me he makes a fair bit of sense. He is very experienced coach who has taken control of teams who are similar in structure and expectations to Everton (Marseille & Bilbao) and done well at both. He also has some experience of the championship and seems to have revitalised that Leeds team. We could do a lot worse than him.

Shove off with all this nonsense. Support the manager. Silva is the way forward; and you all would be best served to just get on board now.
“I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as Evertonians will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any side”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

I believe that this is exactly what Brands and Silva have said they want and are working to achieve. These things don't just get switched on a week after a new manager walks in and every time you change manager a huge amount of work then goes wasted as a new way is started on. This should be reduced by having Brands defining some of this but it still causes upheaval. What the club needs right now is stability.

If that's the case then all of the old guard should have gone. If brands is this supposed new mastermind behind Everton, why did he not replace Usworth, Ferguson et al. That is my point. The whole club needs a shake up with a clear identity of what is expected from every team. It will build continuity and gives young players a real sense of hope of getting into the first team as they will have 'their' role drilled into them from an early age. Everybody pulling in the same direction rather than separate teams with differing philosophies in how to play.

No.

There is no “good reason”

Nor is there a “bad reason”.

They are two different posts replying to different posters about two different and unconnected points.

The first point is about hiring managers from Wigan or Watford being no different to hiring then from Oldham or Sheffiekd Wednesday and is illustrating that the only three succesful managers in the lifetime of anyone posting on here were all hired from what the poster might call “mediocre clubs” ergo one can only expect mediocrity.

And the second point is asking for examples since circa 1992 where a manager has managed to turn his club round and win trophies after “several years in the doldrums”.

Feel free to provide some examples of the latter phenomenon your own self.

(and don’t say Alex Ferguson....he had already won a domestic cup and a European trophy before winning the EPL for the first time)

Thank you.
He had also won a European trophy and unseated the Old Firm At Aberdeen

Coach them according to their individual strengths and weaknesses to be the best player they can be and employ managers who know how to adapt their tactics to get the best out of them. The whole idea of trying to make a young player into something they're not capable of being just to fit in with a grand plan 5 years in the future is incredibly wasteful.

The best teams have managers that can adapt to the strengths of their available players over the years rather than sticking to one tactical plan year in, year out and constantly trying to mould or find players to fit that. Man Utd in 95 sold Kanchelskis, Ince and Hughes. In came Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Neville(s) . Very different players but a manager capable of adapting his tactics to make best use of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.