Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it all mate.
You reap what you sow, get mediocre managers from mediocre clubs and you end up with mediocrity.

The last three managers to bring success to this club.

(the only three in my lifetime as it happens :()

We hired Joe from.....Oldham Athletic.

Howard we got from Blackburn Rovers.

And Harry came from Sheffield Wednesday.

They all have to start somewhere......even the successful managers.

Stick with Silva.Past history at other clubs that have had patience,have come good after a few years in the doldrums. Bristol City fans wanted Lee Johnson out look at them now. Kendall was getting [Poor language removed] in his early days , I think he got a result in cup v Oxford away and it all changed.

Could you give a few examples please, sir?

I mean, recent examples and not way back in the 1980s when football was an altogether different sport.

And at the highest level.....not at Bristol City in the lower leagues or clubs like that.

Let’s say we start circa 1992 when the Premier League started...and we want examples of managers at major clubs in that league being allowed to keep their jobs whike their club spent “a few years in the doldrums”.and who subsequently became successful with that club, rewarding both the club owners and the fans.

Thank you :)

Could you give a few examples please, sir?

I mean, recent examples and not way back in the 1980s when football was an altogether different sport.

And at the highest level.....not at Bristol City in the lower leagues or clubs like that.

Let’s say we start circa 1992 when the Premier League started...and we want examples of managers at major clubs in that league being allowed to keep their jobs whike their club spent “a few years in the doldrums”.and who subsequently became successful with that club, rewarding both the club owners and the fans.

Thank you :)
Pic getting from bang average Southampton says hi

There ya go :)

And I knew who you meant even without seeing your other post lol

Just because we got a dud from Saints doesn’t mean a good manager can’t be got from them, as Poch is proving.
What ?
You asked for a successful current manager who came from a bang average club
That was POCH HE was at Southampton I am sure you recall

We have hired nice guys for too long what we need now is a Bast**d and he seems to be one, go for him i say.

Imagine our bunch of spineless gets under this strict disciplinarian. How would they be able to down tools by November under Bielsa? There would be transfer requests coming in like they were going out of fashion. It's the managerial appointment to solve all of our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.