Votes: 12 6.7%
  • The Albany

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • The Leigh Arms

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a fantastic place, just 5 minutes from the ground. ' The Morning Lark'.

Clean, tidy, and a lovely open fire in the winter months.

A brilliant and changing selection of real ale and ciders.

Hot and cold food, cooked by Mrs Bardell, on the premises.

Broadsheet newspapers available, and always a lovely crowd in.

:cheers:

And then I woke up, and realised, I will have to visit the same dreary, euro-fizz serving rat holes, complete with grizzly bar staff, overflowing toilets, and coked up scallies trying to flog me crap.

:rant:
You sound like George Orwell and his "Moon Under the Water"

They're all dumps to be fair, much better going to the pubs around Dale Street and getting a cab to the game just before kick off imo, much easier getting served aswell, we usually go to the St Hilda after the game for a couple of bottles while the traffic dies down but we get back into town at the first opportunity.

Mad boozer that St Hilda though, full of the dregs of society on the karaoke, double JD and cokes for about £3 and the half Everton half Liverpool back room.

Forgive me for leeching on this thread, but where's the best pub in town for watching Everton? Thinking of popping down on Saturday.

The Fly in the Loaf on Hardman Street is a good blue house, as is The Brewery Tap next to Cains brewery in the Baltic Triangle, run by Dominic who is a big Evertonian, and formerly had The Fly in the Loaf, while his wife used to run Rigbys on Dale St, which is good for a few beers before the game.
All above pubs are easy to get served, good real ales, and easy to just jump a taxi to the ground.

The White Lion in Childer Thornton on the Wirral. Any pub closer than that is liberally littered with drug dealers, shell suits and cheap plastic ale. At a push, Thomas Frost if I can get served because they serve real ale.

The White Lion in Childer Thornton on the Wirral. Any pub closer than that is liberally littered with drug dealers, shell suits and cheap plastic ale. At a push, Thomas Frost if I can get served because they serve real ale.
Shell suits

5 pints for under a tenner

£2 pound a pint .

This thread is a 90’s time warp

I go the Brick, always upstairs as there is a bit more room and they have given it a bit of a make over during the summer.

I remember being in there last year and there were some Chelsea fans in front of me. One ordered 4 Fosters and tried to convince the barmaid she'd undercharged them as it came to £11, they couldn't believe it was £2.75 a pint. The shock on their faces was priceless :D

I go the Brick, always upstairs as there is a bit more room and they have given it a bit of a make over during the summer.

I remember being in there last year and there were some Chelsea fans in front of me. One ordered 4 Fosters and tried to convince the barmaid she'd undercharged them as it came to £11, they couldn't believe it was £2.75 a pint. The shock on their faces was priceless :D

I don't usually ever go in there because it's a dirty beak haven, but I did meet a mate in there on Saturday after the match and the upstairs is actually quite nice. The chicken curry was alright too.

Status
Not open for further replies.