Best Players and all round sporting legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a certain Mr William Ralph Dean (as has been mentioned a few times). And Big Nev is quite rightly up there too.

But I have to mention BOB LATCHFORD. Our 3rd highest goal scorer and with a better 'strike rate' than Sharpy.

And I dont remember him but Alex Young prob deserves a mention.

Apart from the obvious choices, who have already been mentioned, i agree with you mate, Big Bob deserves to be right up there with the best of them.

all the blue lengends have been mentioned but for me big nev all day!!

and other than efc: zizu he was a great its just a shame his last game ended as it did but he is still in my top 3 players i have seen but gets the vote cuz of his clean living and staying out of the spot light out side footie.

mohammed ali
greg lemond
miguel indurain
lance armstrong
joe calzaghe
marvelous marvin hagler
roberto duran
steve redgrave
paula radcliffe
theres a shed load of rugby players like allan langer and johnny davies.
mark spitz
steven hendry
michael jordan

theres plenty more...

mohammed ali
greg lemond
miguel indurain
lance armstrong
joe calzaghe
marvelous marvin hagler
roberto duran
steve redgrave
paula radcliffe
theres a shed load of rugby players like allan langer and johnny davies.
mark spitz
steven hendry
michael jordan

theres plenty more...

With luck you can add Ricky Hatton to that list shortly;)

As the rest have all been mentioned, i think Dave Watson deseres a mention, crash, bang, wallop, row z either ball or player!

It's a bit like big Daves golf, all over the shop. It's funny because I once played with EFC Old Boys, numerous of the old players turned up and, with the clear exception of HRH B Labone RIP, whom they all respected without question, they let big Dave do all the organising, the skippers role. Again he asked Labby what time he wanted out and where he wanted to sit for the meal later and then told the rest, strange how roles get handed down.

my hero was michael thomas when he scored that goal at anfield in the last min an they lost the league......what a leg-end. but then when an signed for the shiite so hate him now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.