Best Players and all round sporting legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBain

Player Valuation: £80m
Had a few 'worst player' threads latley...so who do you think was the best?

For a child of the eighties...Big Nev. He's right up there in my legend book with Daley Thompson, Steve Cram, Steve Ovett and Gary Lineker (in an England shirt).

Thats freaky I was going to start a thread that looked at the best ever players we've had and whether they were the worlds greatest.

I believe we have probably had only two players that were the best in the world at their particular times.

1) Dixie Dean- who better at the time?
2) Neville Southall- What a keeper surely the best keeper in the world during his prime.

Had a few 'worst player' threads latley...so who do you think was the best?

For a child of the eighties...Big Nev. He's right up there in my legend book with Daley Thompson, Steve Cram, Steve Ovett and Gary Lineker (in an England shirt).

Sorry Macca any club that had Dixie Dean as part of its history can never run a thread like this, there is only one answer mate.

Post war we've had many greats but Nevil the Devil is right up there, he was the very best in the world in his day and he remains a true blue.;) ;)

Lineker can go and shove his arse in a mincing machine:(

haha no mincing words there Mont.

I never saw Dixie play, but I reckon i could have run rings around those guys in the 30's and 40's.*

For starters Ive got a pair of mad boots.

*puts head slowly on block for sake of good argument...

See thats where your wrong!

Its more of a flick. Dixie was a flicker. Heading? Easy. More of a cushioned push, a slight roll, and back of the net!

60 goals is okay, for a warm up.

See thats where your wrong!

Its more of a flick. Dixie was a flicker. Heading? Easy. More of a cushioned push, a slight roll, and back of the net!

60 goals is okay, for a warm up.

good try my little [Poor language removed] stirring Aussie matelol lol lol lol

The binman gets my vote (from players I've seen in the flesh). I saw some footage of a double save he made (on one of Everton Tony An's montages, I think). I knew he was good, but I'd forgotten just just how good. Sublime, truly breath-taking.

The man must have been worth 15 points a season.

Of course, there's no-one can come close to Dixie. I love that story about him walking towards Elisha Scott (the rs 'keeper) on a Liverpool street ... Dixie nods towards Scott, who then dives out into the road. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.