Best Foreign (non British/Irish) Signing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was too young for the kanchelskis era so can only be Lukaku for me. Machine, no matter how bad we were playing I always thought we could get something when he played

Cahill for me, as good as Lukaku and Kanchelskis were, we actually went backwards as a club in lukakus time here,Andrei never stayed long enough to really leave his mark, Cahill though signed for a club that had finished in the top half once in the last 10 years, were favourites for the drop that season and had just sold wayne rooney and played a major part in us being a top 6 club in most of his time here.

Easy top 4 really.

Have we ever had any really top non-brit/irish centre backs?

Right now off the top of my head I genuinely can only think of Distin from that category but wouldn’t say he was “really top” he was a very good signing for us though.

Edit: Now having said that Yobo was a decent centre half for us at that time. Again though he wasn’t a top player. Will never forget that Charlton game lol

Between what we got in at, what we got out at and the contribution during the term of the contract, it has to be Lukaku.

I'm willing to accept the proposition that Kanchelskis was the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.