Best Everton team since the 00's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd deffo have the 17/18-year old Rooney over the 32-year old one. The boy was magic. Some of that magic died for me in the game when he left.

I like Pickford but he's not fully-developed yet. Distin almost got in but Yobo for a time was solid-as-a-rock. Hibbo also just missed out but Seamus is just too good. Fellaini was a supreme destroyer and a handy presence in the opposing box when we needed to panic a defence in the final minutes so he gets in ahead of Gueye who, despite his many MotM performances for us, honestly is more a 'great player for a mid-table team', and that's not where our best team would finish. Cahill & our Tet are obviously shoe-ins, and Gravesen didn't attract Real Madrid for nothing so he's in.

Ross & Stones let's be honest weren't that amazing for us, even if Stones is doing alright for himself now at Man City.

I'd drop Baines as he couldn't step up mentally despite being probably the 2nd-best LB in the Prem for a few years (behind Ashley Cole), same goes for Jags. Rhino & Lescott take their spots (with the former slotting pens for fun and the latter weighing in with the odd headed goal from a corner). Pienaar as pretty as his footwork was loses half his influence without Baines so he's out. My 11 offer multi-faceted strengths, a fluid 4-4-2/4-3-3/4-5-1 balance with Cahill switching between mid/att and Rooney in a free-roaming role just behind Rom, reinforcing the midfield if we're under the cosh. Most importantly they'll be collectively mentally strong, so I'd go for:

Martyn

Unsworth
Yobo
Lescott
Coleman

Fellaini
Gravesen
Arteta
Cahill

Rooney
Lukaku

Last edited: