Best 11 / formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the team picks itself the only issue is which midfielders don't make it in to the starting 11.
The best formation for me is 3 at the back because it suits Coleman and Baines.

Depends on the game but my favourite would be a 4-4-2 diamond.

Joel
Coleman Holgate Williams Baines
Gana
Schneiderlin Davies
Barkley
Lukaku Lookman

This has all he players I want to start (except Besic) just really don't know if the formation works.. you know it might but it needs a much better CB than Williams to partner Holgate.

To me it was apparent how much we missed Tom Davies on Saturday the moment he came on he added so much energy to the team. For away games I'd go with
---------------Robles----------------
----Holgate---Williams----Mori
Coleman---------------------Baines
----Davies---Morgan----Gana------
-------------Barkley-----------------
-----------------Rom----------------

How many systems have we played this season already? Pretty much anything is possible with that squad, formation wise. We need to settle on one though. I like the look of the 3421 myself.

3-4-2-1 has been the formation that Everton have played their best football this season - it's also worked well for Spurs, and also essentially Chelsea (whilst Hazard and Pedro play wide they often drift in and play as inside forwards anyway). Just seems to be the formation which is working tactically at the moment.

-----------------Robles---------------
----Holgate---Williams---Mori-------
Coleman---Gana---Morgan---Baines
---------Barkley-------Davies--------
----------------Lukaku----------------

Nice and easy this, can't see much disagreement here. What's our best 11 / formation? Much has been made of our abundance of riches in the middle of the park. How does this play out?

I know we could get into different teams for different games etc, but if you just had to go for the best 11 you could, what do ya reckon? I'm going for this.

Robles
Holgate Williams Mori
Coleman Gana Schneiderlin Baines
Barkley
Lookman
Lukaku

Pretty much a 3-4-2-1 when we have the ball, more of a 5-3-2 when we don't.

Swap Lookman for Mirallas and it looks ok.
Horses for courses though, as proved at the weekend 3 nil up but had to change formation.

Robles
Holgate Williams Funes Mori
Coleman_________________Baines
Schneiderlin
Gueye______Davies
Barkley

_________Mirallas
Lukaku​

Robles
Coleman/Williams/Mori/Baines
Barkley/Mccarthy/Schneiderlin/Gana
Mirallas/Lukaku

Davies/Lookman/Holgate all class players.

We have a best ~15 as far as I'm concerned. And I know I've probably left a player or two out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.