Besic Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic shows the passion which we insist upon.
Playing as a regular midfielder, he could have been a starter.
Big pity. Not meant to be. I rate his enthusiasm higher than the others.

Really feel for the lad, this was his chance to show everyone what he was capable of with the new regime in place. Sadly, as soon as he hit the deck and waved his hand it was obvious it was a bad one :(

Gutted for him. Some players just sadly keep get injured and Mo is one of them.
I hope that due to him signing a lengthy contract extension this year that he can spend the next 12 months getting his body and mental focus on becoming the player we all want him to be. He has shown flashes of real quality but they have been lost in the mire of injuries.

I hope he has an outstanding 2017/18 season.

Feel gutted for him, he has been pretty vocal about looking forward to the season and pushing on.

did not think for a second that he would be out for 6 months when i seen it.

I did sadly, as I had similar happen to my knee. It is always the most innocuous challenges and landings that cause the most damage.
His resistance to impact is a vulnerability as he has had various tissue injuries since he arrived.

Can see him being sold as soon as possible

Possibly.

It would depend on his value in monetary terms versus his value as a contributor to the team.
He clearly has talent, but on the flipside his body is failing him like Jack Rodwells' did.
I feel so sorry for professional sportsmen who have to battle with injury constantly.

I was shot down when i suggested relying on besic because he is injury prone was a bad idea.

The only good thing to come from this is that it makes the urgency in the market greater and if he can get over it finally, the player besic will be when he recovers will be full of fire to finally get going. that is the player i want to see in a blue shirt.

Gutted for him, terrible injury that, most are never the same after.

If it is his ACL that used to be a career-finisher, but thankfully with modern medical science not anymore. Alan Shearer came back twice from that type of injury and continued to score as many goals each time.

Having suffered similar myself as part of a dislocation the recovery period is also a lot less than it used to be.

I was shot down when i suggested relying on besic because he is injury prone was a bad idea.

The only good thing to come from this is that it makes the urgency in the market greater and if he can get over it finally, the player besic will be when he recovers will be full of fire to finally get going. that is the player i want to see in a blue shirt.
lets be honest here, he is hardly going to be missed is he? all he is doing is having one large absence rather than the 6 or 7 he normally has throughout the season. i think i have seen him have one good game vs City in the 1st leg last season, other than that he is largely not very good.

Can see him being sold as soon as possible

I dont think you understand the situation here. He is not sellable. Who would want him? He is not a proven central midfielder(He started his footballing career as a central defender), also he is not a proven premier league player.

He would be a punt for every club playing in the top leagues and I dont think he would like to leave Everton to test his luck in the championship or 2. bundesliga and so on.

He has really gotten himself in a messy situation all due to bad timings with these injuries and bad string of luck. You cant say that all the injuries he has suffered is due to him being not strong enough to play in this level. Some of them has been due to bad fitness coaching(thinking on all the hamstring injuries which was a rucrring injury during the last regime and at one time there were 7-8 players that had the same type of injury at the same period of time)

Great, another year of his boyfriends shouting from the rooftops to anyone who'll listen he's a great player who could have made it.

The fact is he's had 3 years and hasn't been able to break the axis of pedestrian McCarthy - Barry.

lets be honest here, he is hardly going to be missed is he? all he is doing is having one large absence rather than the 6 or 7 he normally has throughout the season. i think i have seen him have one good game vs City in the 1st leg last season, other than that he is largely not very good.

What dizzy heights did you hit during your footballing career ?

Status
Not open for further replies.