2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's taking Walcott though?

A bottom half team. Could probably get 5m-10m for him.

His wage could be an issue, but I don't see how that's any different to Bernard as I doubt many clubs would be willing to pay Bernard what we are reportedly paying him.

Don't think he's good enough. Looks like he should be a good player, but can't finish, doesn't ever really seem to pick any particularly intelligent passes, rarely beats a man, not blessed with exceptional pace and he is bullied easily. Add to that the way he seems to just go missing and his lockdown form was probably the worst of the whole squad, and I include our gang of centre mids in that too. For the 100k plus per week we are paying him, I'd want so much more. I've seen it suggested that he might be better with better players around him but I honestly can't see it at all. Hope I'm wrong but I have more or less written the lad off now.

Don't think he's good enough. Looks like he should be a good player, but can't finish, doesn't ever really seem to pick any particularly intelligent passes, rarely beats a man, not blessed with exceptional pace and he is bullied easily. Add to that the way he seems to just go missing and his lockdown form was probably the worst of the whole squad, and I include our gang of centre mids in that too. For the 100k plus per week we are paying him, I'd want so much more. I've seen it suggested that he might be better with better players around him but I honestly can't see it at all. Hope I'm wrong but I have more or less written the lad off now.

Problem is the sort of clubs who would be in for him are likely skint from covid.

Same goes for the rest of our trash.

A bottom half team. Could probably get 5m-10m for him.

His wage could be an issue, but I don't see how that's any different to Bernard as I doubt many clubs would be willing to pay Bernard what we are reportedly paying him.

walcott is ageing though, more injury prone along with that. Bernard, a bit younger and more likely to have interest.

I’d sell Walcott ahead of Bernard all day long btw. Just think Bernard is the obvious sale even if I’d rather Theo or Iwobi go

walcott is ageing though, more injury prone along with that. Bernard, a bit younger and more likely to have interest.

I’d sell Walcott ahead of Bernard all day long btw. Just think Bernard is the obvious sale even if I’d rather Theo or Iwobi go

Yeah I get this too. I think I might have rose tinted specs on the guy, compared to everyone else. I think he has been one of the more entertaining players to watch over the last few years and I think when he plays well it's really exciting. I've never been excited by anything I've seen Iwobi or Walcott do.

I like Bernard. He reminds me of Limpar, with that effortless level of trickery he has. I'd keep hold of him for another season, at least. Flair players need bruisers backing them up, and for the last few seasons, he's been surrounded by nothing but bottlers. Remember when everyone thought Juninho would get eaten alive in England? 'Boro were hardly a flair team, and had a few yard dogs to protect their star man. Didn't work out too bad for those plazzy Mackems in the end, did it?

Think if we get a decent offer he will have to be sold if Allan, Rodriguez and Doucoure come in.
Also think he could do a job with those three players so I'm not too worried about his situation for us.

Yet still produced more than all our midfielders last season with limited game time.

Feller is a genuine footballer. To me, you don't get rid of a player like that.

Additionally under Silva he started 25 games, played 34 in total last season. Forged a great relationship with Digne and played some great football.

I hope Carlo gets the best out of him. Playing 20mins here or there doesn't work

I like Bernard. He reminds me of Limpar, with that effortless level of trickery he has. I'd keep hold of him for another season, at least. Flair players need bruisers backing them up, and for the last few seasons, he's been surrounded by nothing but bottlers. Remember when everyone thought Juninho would get eaten alive in England? 'Boro were hardly a flair team, and had a few yard dogs to protect their star man. Didn't work out too bad for those plazzy Mackems in the end, did it?
If you ignore the fact they got relegated, no I suppose It didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.