2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have you seen that nobody else has?

He has a nice touch, good energy when he's on the field. I think he's a skillful player and I like him on the ball

Few goals, few assists, often anonymous, no real pace, weak, easily dispossessed

You could literally copy and paste this into most of our player threads and it would still be completely true. Except most of them don't score goals or get any assists at all

To be honest not worth the wage he’s allegedly on, as he doesn’t produce most weeks, just flashes of skill, to often loses the ball or not direct enough week in week out. Good passer but doesn’t get enough assists or goals.
His biggest contribution will be if we sell him, lose his wages and get a fee.

Interesting that tbf and not something I'd really thought of.

Say we don't sign X player because he fails a medical with dodgy knees - Totally acceptable to not want to take the risk on him.

We're looking to sign a player that has a history of mental health issues that have affected performances on the pitch - I wouldn't want them in the same way I wouldn't want someone with knees made out of tissue paper.

Fully expecting some flack for that but IMO, if a player has a recurring issue, mental or physical, that impacts their game in a negative way then I'd sooner avoid them.
I doubt any club would be stupid enough to disclose its policy on such a matter, but it must be a difficult decision make when the issue is impossible to quantify, especially when you're talking about multi-million pound assets.

Yep mental health issues and show business is a recipe for disaster! I can give you hundreds of examples. So its not for him. He should retire. Surely he has enough money to do that. He was member of the Brazilian team humiliated at home by Germany. That was a good example, if you state of mind is not right, stay away from pro football!

You still haven't figured out we're all mad yet, have you?

Maybe you should take a closer look at your own mentality before questioning others.

Back to Bernie. As far as I can remember he had a couple of cracking games for Carlo, drifting inside from the left. The reports from him about his panic attacks make sense as to why he was pulled/ stopped performing.

Hopefully he can get past it because there's a decent player in there, despite his physical limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.