2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 in 4 people in the country suffer from some form of mental health issue in any given YEAR (so the % who suffer at some point in their life will be massively higher than 1 in 4). Many of these people will be successful individuals who excel in their field.

Why would footballers be any different? Because they get paid a lot??

Footballers have more pressure, like I’ve said already. They’re more likely to suffer, however if they aren’t good players and it’s effecting their performance, they need showing the door, not being kept because of sympathy. We’re not the Red Cross.

Footballers have more pressure, like I’ve said already. They’re more likely to suffer, however if they aren’t good players and it’s effecting their performance, they need showing the door, not being kept because of sympathy. We’re not the Red Cross.
Just for the record, I don't know what you do for a living, but if your employer sacked you because you were suffering from mental health issues, they'd have significant legal liability.

Just for the record, I don't know what you do for a living, but if your employer sacked you because you were suffering from mental health issues, they'd have significant legal liability.
In the first instance, he needs help and support, which the club are no doubt offering. This would help him through his issue and help him recover, which no doubt would help him improve his performances.

He played well enough in his first season for me to know there is a player in there, but he is struggling to find form. I wouldn’t jettison a player of his just yet.

Show business is not regular work. You perform with 100k and more people watching. If you have health problems its not for you. Easy to understand isnt it.

Spot on, that was a really poor post, can't throw a talented player away because they're suffering, we're Everton so would never do that anyway, we're not the RS. Regardless, you help your employer through the tough times.

Yeah, because no one in show business has ever had any mental health issues
Yep mental health issues and show business is a recipe for disaster! I can give you hundreds of examples. So its not for him. He should retire. Surely he has enough money to do that. He was member of the Brazilian team humiliated at home by Germany. That was a good example, if you state of mind is not right, stay away from pro football!

Yep mental health issues and show business is a recipe for disaster! I can give you hundreds of examples. So its not for him. He should retire. Surely he has enough money to do that. He was member of the Brazilian team humiliated at home by Germany. That was a good example, if you state of mind is not right, stay away from pro football!
Jesus wept

So the defeat to Germany was down to him and him only?

Status
Not open for further replies.