2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was linear, I’d be fuming. A top drawer player was limpar. Temperamental but fearless and man of the match in the cup final, arguably the semi final. This guy can’t even produce against burnley. Please take that comparison back. Our last trophy win limpar was a massive part of

Fair enough, but the season when that cabbage patch went down, they went to as many finals as we've achieved in a quarter of a century. Limpar almost got us relegated against Wimbledon, but nevertheless I loved Anders.

If Bernard had Horne and Parkinson backing him up, he wouldn't be constantly looking over his shoulder.

I do recall Limpar getting robbed of the ball in the semi final, despite being in 10 yards of clear space when he got the ball. Criminal, that.

Still my second favourite from that era, like.

I do recall Limpar getting robbed of the ball in the semi final, despite being in 10 yards of clear space when he got the ball. Criminal, that.

Still my second favourite from that era, like.

He bossed that game. Spurs simply had no answer to limpar. On his day he was a genuine world class player. As much as i adore joe royle i thought he wasted the opportunity of having two brilliant wingers at his disposal. He benched limpar to often for me. When you have limpar and kanchelskis available play them to death. How many times did limpar feed kanchelkis when he had the chance.
Its crazy to think we had so much talent out wide back then and imo didnt milk it.

He bossed that game. Spurs simply had no answer to limpar. On his day he was a genuine world class player. As much as i adore joe royle i thought he wasted the opportunity of having two brilliant wingers at his disposal. He benched limpar to often for me. When you have limpar and kanchelskis available play them to death. How many times did limpar feed kanchelkis when he had the chance.
Its crazy to think we had so much talent out wide back then and imo didnt milk it.
That midfield 4 of Limpar, Speed, Parkinson, Kanchelskis was absolute class and really well balanced

Yeah I agree. Always remember a pass by limpar to kanchelskis at anfield when we beat them (we all know the one). I remember Hansen purring on match of the day over that pass. Outside of the right foot with backspin on it, about 60 yards.

I would expect the performance of Limpar in the FA Cup final is a big part of that assessment. He was sensational in the first half of that game.
He too had looked rather light weight under the management of Walker.

I have not given up on Bernard yet. He has shown flashes of brilliance, albeit inconsistently. If he can overcome his panic attack issues and find enjoyment in playing football again, without fear of failure, he can be an asset to the team for sure.

I loved Anders and perhaps you’re right about why joe Royale came to say what he did , but it’s not even a close comparison in my mind .

Yeah I agree. Always remember a pass by limpar to kanchelskis at anfield when we beat them (we all know the one). I remember Hansen purring on match of the day over that pass. Outside of the right foot with backspin on it, about 60 yards.

Think he done another amazing long ball to amokachi against Newcastle 2-0 ammo with both goals . Was a cracking assist for the first

Kanchelskis Parkinson Speed Limpar

That would be top 4 in the current climate.

Looking at Bernard in comparison, hes a squad player but not on the salary he commands.

Ive more hope in Gordon taking that Limpar role.

Status
Not open for further replies.