2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this thread is like reading a twitter thread about Brexit. Half think he’s great and half think he’s the worst thing ever, no one can agree on anything and the conversation spirals into a dark place.

Just been catching up with this thread some of the prehistoric views of mental health really offends me.

We probably all suffer from issues and it can effect our work, at one point I would spend most of my day hiding in the toilets having panic attacks.

Luckily I had a manager who was understanding and helped me a lot.

Bernard will be ok he will learn to manage them I hope.

Just been catching up with this thread some of the prehistoric views of mental health really offends me.

We probably all suffer from issues and it can effect our work, at one point I would spend most of my day hiding in the toilets having panic attacks.

Luckily I had a manager who was understanding and helped me a lot.

Bernard will be ok he will learn to manage them I hope.
Hope you're doing well. And I agree with the first line. Disappointing.

He was a bit of a punt and its not worked out despite the lad having some talent.

The Iwobi purchase warrants a government enquiry and dismissals but Bernard's purchase
at least made some sense: a tricky winger with top european competition experience.

no one should criticize mental health issues since it could happen to any one of us, and judging someone for having it is silly because that is judging a person without context

that being said, while the team should (and i believe are) help players with confidence/mental health concerns, a lot of the onus is on the player being able to rebound from said help.

some people on here def do have prehistoric views of mental health, but i think a majority of those rubbing others the wrong way don't mean ill will. there's a certain point where a players' ability to bounce back has to come into question. i personally think bernard will rebound since he's had no problem admitting his problems, but we'll have to see

Really think he'll benefit from the better players we are bringing in. I like him and wonder if his lack of game time post lockdown is more to do with his mental health than Carlo not rating him.

I get that he is a high earner and we got him on free so he's the best option financially to be moved on. But for me he shouldn't be getting moved on before the likes of Iwobi and Walcott. Walcott's wage must also be pretty big, so for me he'd be the person I'd be looking to move on.

Really think he'll benefit from the better players we are bringing in. I like him and wonder if his lack of game time post lockdown is more to do with his mental health than Carlo not rating him.

I get that he is a high earner and we got him on free so he's the best option financially to be moved on. But for me he shouldn't be getting moved on before the likes of Iwobi and Walcott. Walcott's wage must also be pretty big, so for me he'd be the person I'd be looking to move on.

Who's taking Walcott though?

Status
Not open for further replies.