2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a class act.
He’s a great technician (to steal a phrase from Rodgers), and he was excellent today.

The issue will always be his lack of stature. Physically he’s lightweight.

First time I properly saw him was the 2014 World Cup semi when he came in for the injured Neymar. Germany ran riot that day (scoring seven) and much of that was because Brazil were overpowered and sliced open in midfield.

Being small and slight means you need to be ridiculously special to compensate for those deficiencies.

He’s a great technician (to steal a phrase from Rodgers), and he was excellent today.

The issue will always be his lack of stature. Physically he’s lightweight.

First time I properly saw him was the 2014 World Cup semi when he came in for the injured Neymar. Germany ran riot that day (scoring seven) and much of that was because Brazil were overpowered and sliced open in midfield.

Being small and slight means you need to be ridiculously special to compensate for those deficiencies.

It's not so much of an issue, Bernardo Silva very similar Pep has turned him into a beast

Bernard would thrive with quality around him

I've said this before on here, Bernard is a proper footballer. The problem is it has been so long since we had one of these, some of our fans have never seen one before.

Before the stat police tell me how few goals he scores, or, how few assists he makes. Football is about more than just that. If we had a few more equally gifted players around him they would be able to take advantage of the acres of space he creates with his movement and first touch.

Ask Richarlison if he likes playing alongside Bernard.
I actually think it’s the other way round. We generally don’t watch anyone who’s good on the ball, so as soon as we get one who looks comfortable on it, we go overboard. Had a decent first half today let’s see if he can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.