2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in hope but Digne is stinking the place out week in week out.

Again I don’t think Digne has anything like the game iq/understanding with any of his fellow players that Baines had.
Baines consistently knew when to hold the ball, play it inside, put Pineaar in or bomb on himself. Everything appeared considered and with intelligence.

For me even when Digne plays well everything is a bit rushed and just about getting in a spot to whip a cross in.

David Moyes obviously did his homework on Bernard and the West Ham Utd players were in the lads' face and knocking him off the ball pretty much every time he got possession. I was a little surprised he was subbed (unless injured) during the break as I felt he was starting to come good as the first half was drawing to a close.

We live in hope but Digne is stinking the place out week in week out.

Again I don’t think Digne has anything like the game iq/understanding with any of his fellow players that Baines had.
Baines consistently knew when to hold the ball, play it inside, put Pineaar in or bomb on himself. Everything appeared considered and with intelligence.

For me even when Digne plays well everything is a bit rushed and just about getting in a spot to whip a cross in.
Digne is pretty consistently our best passer of the ball. You aren't actually blaming him for Bernard stinking the place out are you?

Yeah and he was really good because first touch is one of many skills. It matters but it is far from the most important thing.
Mate, I played at a decent non league standard and when we played cup games against teams in higher leagues their first touch was what separated the teams. I think you're trying a bit hard to justify a controversial point that no one else in football will agree with.

Mate, I played at a decent non league standard and when we played cup games against teams in higher leagues their first touch was what separated the teams. I think you're trying a bit hard to justify a controversial point that no one else in football will agree with.
If it was the most important skill then our best first touch player, Bernard, would be our best player. But he isn't and the players who are the best forwards we have, DCL and Richarlison, have probably the worst touches. It matters, but there is so much else that goes into being a good player.

If it was the most important skill then our best first touch player, Bernard, would be our best player. But he isn't and the players who are the best forwards we have, DCL and Richarlison, have probably the worst touches. It matters, but there is so much else that goes into being a good player.
First touch sets up everything in football. Also Richarlison's first touch is fantastic.

First touch is one of the first things I look for in a player. Remember Hibberts? A ten yard ball controlled with the outside of his right foot and then bounced a yard into the air. By the time it came down the player was on him

Thats not very good logic. It’s also just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.