2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard has played more than 60 minutes 7 times in the league this season, scoring 2 goals. We have won 4, drawn 2 and lost only 1 when he has played more than 60 minutes. In 2018/19 he played more than 60 minutes in 23 league games. We won almost half of them. 11 wins, 5 draws, 7 defeats.

There was a moment in the 1st half that really summed him up today.

There was a ball volleyed about 2 miles up in the air and he brought it down with 3 players around him like it was nothing. Incredible. Velcro-feet.

He promptly took 4 steps forward and fell on the floor.

Looks great, zero actual end product.

There was a moment in the 1st half that really summed him up today.

There was a ball volleyed about 2 miles up in the air and he brought it down with 3 players around him like it was nothing. Incredible. Velcro-feet.

He promptly took 4 steps forward and fell on the floor.

Looks great, zero actual end product.
This moment is also a perfect example of what I meant when I said people put too much emphasis on first touch.

Thought hooking him was a poor decision, especially given Gordon came on and didn’t touch the ball for his first 20 mins. Other players have had far worse halves and not been hooked.

Harsh, there are plenty that should go before Bernard. It's difficult to judge players when the team has collectively played poorly for half a season (most under a poor manager).

I think we'll go to another level next season (when Gomes and Gbamin are fit) but until then he stays and plays.

Harsh, there are plenty that should go before Bernard. It's difficult to judge players when the team has collectively played poorly for half a season (most under a poor manager).

I think we'll go to another level next season (when Gomes and Gbamin are fit) but until then he stays and plays.
I agree. But he just doesn't seem to have any consistency or ability to last longer than 60mins. Sell while we can i fear

Would like to see him moved on eventually and us adopt a 433 formation with Richarlison player is a left sided striker essentially, but until we have the players available to do so he’s sound. Except today, he wasn’t sound at all. But next match, he’ll be sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.