2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy his skill, work ethic and the fact he'll at least elevate the attractiveness of the football of any team he plays for, but it seems if Richarlison and Sigurdsson haven't got their shooting boots on, we have absolutely zero ruthlessness in front of goal with today being a great example.

The moment where he cut inside and had an opening to shoot, but tried a (difficult to execute) reverse ball to Digne which went out for a goal kick summed up his final product for me. Palace had players back, so it of course could have been blocked, but it was a chance to get a shot away and possibly sneak one in or spawn a deflected goal. If the alternative is so low percentage and requires another pass (and DCL to anticipate it...) to score, why not just have a go? Richarlison hits that without thinking and got well into double figures last season as a result. Mane and Salah at Liverpool are the same.

But that doesn't answer my question

You're saying Richarlison had a better game because he had a shot that went wide. That is daft mate
We had no problem keeping the ball. We had a lot of problems getting shots and chances. So yes I'm saying the people that actually got shots away had better attacking games. Coleman was also more effective than Digne and since Bernars always gets credit for Digne doing well Richarlison gets some credit for that.

On bench now.

He should have a go or cross when he held the ball in their box. Doesn’t do enough attacking wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.