2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He connected the play well, he should be playing instead of Siggy in my view. Creative player who is quick on his feet.
He did to a degree. Issue is we didn't need attackers to keep the play alive today. We had plenty of the ball. We needed penetration and he didn't have much if any.

I'm starting to sour on Gylfi myself. He's just far too uninvolved, far too often. The goals are great but when he doesn't score what's he giving outside above average set plays? I'm not totally sold on Bernard as a replacement but maybe worth trying.

He connected the play well, he should be playing instead of Siggy in my view. Creative player who is quick on his feet.
That's a better answer but how you think he should play ahead of Sigurdsson is beyond me. Sigurdsson scores goals that win us games, Bernard connects play well sometimes but it rarely comes to anything.

I think Iwobi will take his place, but I'd be interested to see how we play with both of them on the pitch at some point. We'd lose the goals by dropping Sigurdsson but Bernard&Iwobi can both play the 10/Left wing so could switch positions in game, offer a bit more fluidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.