2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have to say this lad seems to get away without much criticism.

I think I'm right in saying he's our highest paid player (£150k?) and just does not have enough presence about him.
Sell.

It's honestly nuts that people trash Iwobi weekly and nothing but positivity come Bernard's way. I guess Bernard looks better but in terms of doing things that can win football matches it isn't close.

You don't seem to fathom that if Bernard had top quality end product to go with his undoubted technical ability, he wouldn't be here. As it is, he's not got the high numbers his work rate and skill should have according to stattos but he adds so much to the team, he's a real team player.

You don't seem to fathom that if Bernard had top quality end product to go with his undoubted technical ability, he wouldn't be here. As it is, he's not got the high numbers his work rate and skill should have according to stattos but he adds so much to the team, he's a real team player.
Having a winger with end product isn't a fantasy. All sorts of non "big 6" teams have down the years.

Wasn't fully firing on all cylinders against United, but it was good to see him back in the team. Mind you, I'm always happy to see him in the starting eleven as he's one of my favourite players.

It's honestly nuts that people trash Iwobi weekly and nothing but positivity come Bernard's way. I guess Bernard looks better but in terms of doing things that can win football matches it isn't close.
Alex Iwobi.
Appearances 15
Goals 1
Assists 0
Winning football matches :Blink:

For comparison:
Bernard.
Appearances 11
Goals 2
Assists 1

But it's the other people that have the agenda. :coffee:

Was about to say it’s weird to see him being criticised considering he’s barely back from a nasty injury but I can see who it’s stemmed from
A big lad called Bernie used to steal his dinner money (or give him a swirlie or whatever 'muricans do) and he just can't let it go. A fella called Zlatan necked his steady at a drive in but you'll have to check out a different thread for that story.

Alex Iwobi.
Appearances 15
Goals 1
Assists 0
Winning football matches :Blink:

For comparison:
Bernard.
Appearances 11
Goals 2
Assists 1

But it's the other people that have the agenda. :coffee:
Was about to say it’s weird to see him being criticised considering he’s barely back from a nasty injury but I can see who it’s stemmed from
A big lad called Bernie used to steal his dinner money (or give him a swirlie or whatever 'muricans do) and he just can't let it go. A fella called Zlatan necked his steady at a drive in but you'll have to check out a different thread for that story.
Iwobi has struggled at times in the final third but the build up stuff that people think Bernard does Iwobi does at a much higher level. The other thing is Iwobi has only gotten one game central and he was absolutely brilliant.

The just back from injury thing is the latest way to mask that Bernard isn't doing much. Before it was the strikers aren't good enough or whatever. I'm glad he's scored two goals this year but I see very little to suggest he gets more than 1 or 2 more. I won't make any predictions for Iwobi because he won't be scoring in a 4-4-2 either. Our wingers aren't good right now. There isn't much to say otherwise I just think Iwobi could do it centrally.

The thing about Zlatan is his antics are funny until you realize he isn't playing around and he's actually just a bit of a Richard. It just isn't worthwhile in the way Eto'o turned out not to be because he couldn't handle a lesser role on a mid table team and Eto'o didn't even have that big of an ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.