2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

My brother isn’t. A fan and we often discuss his merits and failings at the match. For me, he provides something that is otherwise missing in the team, he can be brilliant, but is often infuriating. but I am an old git, and I remember the likes of Duncan McKenzie in a blue shirt and I loved him too (and if you never saw him, he was waaaay more ‘Bernard’ than Bernard is). so I do genuinely get what some don’t like about him, and if we brought someone in who could do those turns against the RS and finish them off with a goal, I would bin Bernie in a heartbeat, but until then, he is the one player we have who makes me smile when he plays!
One of my favourite ever Everton players
When he go the ball you knew he would either do something sublime or ridiculous

That's all well and good, but like he isn't a demigod. No one is harmed when someone says they don't rate him as much.

I get being entertained is fun, but there's also a difference between entertaining and good. Ben Arfa for example straddled that line. Not that Bernard is similar to him, just that the line exists.

What were you saying about hyperbole?

That's all well and good, but like he isn't a demigod. No one is harmed when someone says they don't rate him as much.

I get being entertained is fun, but there's also a difference between entertaining and good. Ben Arfa for example straddled that line. Not that Bernard is similar to him, just that the line exists.

Bernard makes us play far better football, thus giving us more of a chance to win more football matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.