2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was one of our better players in his first season. Was excited to see him kick on the following season but injuries hampered it.
I thought he was ok but I never felt comfortable when he was on the ball. He just has that look about him where he seems like he isn't comfortable having the ball and is prone to giving it away (Kind of like Sakho at Palace). I don't know if the stats back that up but it just made me a bit nervy when he had it.

Either way... day 6 since I last seen Bernard destroy an average defenders ankles and I am suffering from cold sweats in a dark room.

I was wary over his work rate as I heard Tim vickory say it was his downfall.. Vickory is normally bang on regards South Americans.

He's been proved wrong.. So far..
Vickory is an ejit. His knowledge of South America is only expert because he spent a gap year there and can read a bit of Spanish stuff on the internet. Absolute buffoon. Unless it's a well covered story he hasn't got a Scooby Doo about stuff.

Vickory is an ejit. His knowledge of South America is only expert because he spent a gap year there and can read a bit of Spanish stuff on the internet. Absolute buffoon. Unless it's a well covered story he hasn't got a Scooby Doo about stuff.

he's lived in brazil for over 20 years..

hes one of my prfered journo's to listen too to be frank

he's lived in brazil for over 20 years..

hes one of my prfered journo's to listen too to be frank
Alright Frank. I don't listen to him a lot, but when I do, I always get the impression he doesn't know jack and gets by on saying players' names with a dodgy accent to make it seem like he has just been talking about it in the favelas. Looking at his Wikipedia page, it does appear that he has a decent background and has been out there long enough in Brazil to at least know something. He is the South American version of Guillem Balague for me though - and my loathing of him is vast.

Anyway, I like Bernard and if he keeps up at the level of his last game then he's ok by me.

I was wary over his work rate as I heard Tim vickory say it was his downfall.. Vickory is normally bang on regards South Americans.

He's been proved wrong.. So far..
Since he's played the last 4 years in the Ukraine and hasn't played for Brazil in that time I would question the judgement of anyone who lives in and proclaims to be an expert on South America.

Alright Frank. I don't listen to him a lot, but when I do, I always get the impression he doesn't know jack and gets by on saying players' names with a dodgy accent to make it seem like he has just been talking about it in the favelas. Looking at his Wikipedia page, it does appear that he has a decent background and has been out there long enough in Brazil to at least know something. He is the South American version of Guillem Balague for me though - and my loathing of him is vast.

Anyway, I like Bernard and if he keeps up at the level of his last game then he's ok by me.

see I know me onions me mush x

Vickery was absolutely spot on about Mori. If anything he wasn't critical enough about him.

yes that was my take. be interesting to see if Bernard keeps up the hard work rate, as vickory was very sceptical about this part of his game.

Guillem Balague has literally made a career in the UK from being Spanish.

His ITK regarding imminent signings that everyone knows about already is up there with Alan Myers.

yes that was my take. be interesting to see if Bernard keeps up the hard work rate, as vickory was very sceptical about this part of his game.
The man has magic in his boots
Haven’t been as excited watching a player in an Everton jersey since Duncan MCKenzie
I seen the vision play when I was a kid and didn’t appreciate him but I recognised the tension and expectations in the crowd when he got the ball
I can see Bernard bringing the same levels of tension and expectancy to Goodison.
The man is probably the best natural footballer to play for us in over 30 yrs , and you want him to work hard
Let Gana Davies Siggy Ricarlison work their baby producing man spheres off , I want Bernard to provide the magic the excitement, the money shot if you will

The man has magic in his boots
Haven’t been as excited watching a player in an Everton jersey since Duncan MCKenzie
I seen the vision play when I was a kid and didn’t appreciate him but I recognised the tension and expectations in the crowd when he got the ball
I can see Bernard bringing the same levels of tension and expectancy to Goodison.
The man is probably the best natural footballer to play for us in over 30 yrs , and you want him to work hard
Let Gana Davies Siggy Ricarlison work their baby producing man spheres off , I want Bernard to provide the magic the excitement, the money shot if you will
The work rate and the stamina was the most unexpected part of Bernards game for me. I knew he was a skillful player who was lightning with the ball at his feet but I was expecting him to have Deulofeu levels of stamina, ie. good for 60 minutes but would never last a full 90. He's played 2 90's in the space of 4 days. Also for a player who is so creative he really does the ugly side well, he has really bought in to Silva's pressing game and is willing to support his full back. Can't say enough good things about him atm. So as Evertonians, we unfortunately know what comes next...

Status
Not open for further replies.