2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The work rate and the stamina was the most unexpected part of Bernards game for me. I knew he was a skillful player who was lightning with the ball at his feet but I was expecting him to have Deulofeu levels of stamina, ie. good for 60 minutes but would never last a full 90. He's played 2 90's in the space of 4 days. Also for a player who is so creative he really does the ugly side well, he has really bought in to Silva's pressing game and is willing to support his full back. Can't say enough good things about him atm. So as Evertonians, we unfortunately know what comes next...
I’ve got an unstantiated and totally unfounded opinion on your last bit
Usmanov said Everton aren’t where we should be
Moshiri when we took over said we have a small window of opportunity
I think Moshiri meant we have to get CL before Stones Barkley and Lukaku leave
They left because we didn’t build on them
We’ve signed 6 new players in the summer and spent money we supposedly didn’t have on players we couldn’t get
I think at the start of next season possibly only Pickford will be the last first 11 player not signed by Silva /Brands
Moshiri has seen good players leave and the way it affect the plan
Add a Prime Barkley , Stones and Lukaku to our first 11 and you’d have a team chasing top 4
I don’t know how they are doing it and where the money is coming from ( I have my suspicions) but I think we will see a big push again in the summer in the hope of keeping Nernard Ricarlison Mina Etc

We’ve signed 6 new players in the summer and spent money we supposedly didn’t have on players we couldn’t get
I think at the start of next season possibly only Pickford will be the last first 11 player not signed by Silva /Brands
Add a Prime Barkley , Stones and Lukaku to our first 11 and you’d have a team chasing top 4
I don’t know how they are doing it and where the money is coming from ( I have my suspicions) but I think we will see a big push again in the summer in the hope of keeping Nernard Ricarlison Mina Etc
I was thinking more along the lines of mangled cruciate ligaments...

Anyway, I think if he ever did go we'd get a wedge for him. But I'd imagine he will quite like it here with the south americans and native Portuguese speakers (Silva being a massive part of this). I hope he stays forever though as I will never get tired of him making an absolute mockery of defenders.

I was thinking more along the lines of mangled cruciate ligaments...

Anyway, I think if he ever did go we'd get a wedge for him. But I'd imagine he will quite like it here with the south americans and native Portuguese speakers (Silva being a massive part of this). I hope he stays forever though as I will never get tired of him making an absolute mockery of defenders.
He will want the big stage
CL and all the attraction it brings
He will look to to move if we don’t look like getting it
For him to come here instead of dozens of other clubs means he was given certain promises and guarantees and not just financial

Sig scores 4 goals in the last 4 games, just scored a legit worldie, and you’re trying to take him out of that position? Stop it.
Swings and roundabouts mate. The goal Siggy scored on Saturday was after he'd moved back into a deeper position. There was also a pull back from Bernard in the first half which neither of our midfielders anticipated. You can guarantee that Siggy would have been running onto it and you know how lethal he is from there.

I'm not saying it's appropriate to play Bernard in the 10 role with Siggy deeper all the time. But it could be a good tactic against teams that park the bus against us, when we wouldn't need to holding midfielders anyway.

Shame we haven't got 2 Siggy's. Shame we haven't got 2 Bernards too.

I like this

One question, what IS going on with FFP these days? Surely we are well over the limit?!

Swings and roundabouts mate. The goal Siggy scored on Saturday was after he'd moved back into a deeper position. There was also a pull back from Bernard in the first half which neither of our midfielders anticipated. You can guarantee that Siggy would have been running onto it and you know how lethal he is from there.

I'm not saying it's appropriate to play Bernard in the 10 role with Siggy deeper all the time. But it could be a good tactic against teams that park the bus against us, when we wouldn't need to holding midfielders anyway.

Shame we haven't got 2 Siggy's. Shame we haven't got 2 Bernards too.
It’s a shame we have t got one Lozano lol

I like this

One question, what IS going on with FFP these days? Surely we are well over the limit?!
I’ve no idea but all the financial experts were saying that last summer we
Hadn’t got a pot to urinate in
We were back to sell to buy
We had to sell Pickford and Lookman if we needed to buy
We had to reduce the wage bill
We needed to sell players

What happened

We bought
Mina
Digne
Country roads
We ruined the transfer market signing Ricarlison
We paid a huge signing on fee and massive wages to Bernard
Signed Gomes and Zouma on big wages and hefty loan fees
Sold a few fringe players for a pittance
Loaned out a few not in Silvas plan
Turned down 25 m for a player not in our first 11
I’ve no idea how they are doing it but by all reasonable logic they can’t and shouldn’t be doing it
Moshiri is an accountant and he said go ahead , so he obviously knows something we don’t

What happened

We bought
Mina
Digne
Country roads
I’ve no idea how they are doing it but by all reasonable logic they can’t and shouldn’t be doing it
Moshiri is an accountant and he said go ahead , so he obviously knows something we don’t

LOL. it's nuts init.

I definitely think aside from pickford we will see an entirely new side in the next 4 windows.

What happened

We bought
Mina
Digne
Country roads

That's because the usual suspect doom - mongerers, don't know their ars#s from their elbows.

From Brand's initial moves I'm extremely excited to see how we'll look with another 4 windows. We're actually going to be a proper football team again.

To be honest, and realistic...im not sure what more we could have hoped for in a first window. The player quality is top class and theyve focused on the left side for the permanent signings...so im excited for the other half of the team.

All that without knowing the existing players so well or if they could fit into Silvas style. Now theyve been here together for a few games i imagine Silva and Brands will pinpoint what else is needed and i think Bernards position as well as Richarlisons will be the deciding factor whether its a centre forward or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.