2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not something you see out of Brazilians, in general. Pienaar wasn't exactly prolific in that position either though so, as long as he keeps the opponent occupied and helps us retain the ball higher up the pitch or cause some offensive havoc, it's equally beneficial to the whole team.

I'm just hopeful that Brands and Silva can assemble more partnerships around the pitch like they appear to have done with Digne and Bernie and Gana/Gomes. Having those can add almost a third person between just two. I'm not a religious man but I pray, sometimes...for certain things.
He's been great of late. No question. About ten times the value of Sigurdsson on the pitch.

He's been great of late. No question. About ten times the value of Sigurdsson on the pitch.

Been an issue for us for too long, before Silva came in as well...consistency. Frustrates the hell out of me. Taking 9 point off Chelsea, WH away and now Arsenal but also playing well below standards, like against Millwall etc. We'd have to buy extremely well to not continue this pattern if we somehow make Europe because it wouldn't be helpful in that regard.

Been an issue for us for too long, before Silva came in as well...consistency. Frustrates the hell out of me. Taking 9 point off Chelsea, WH away and now Arsenal but also playing well below standards, like against Millwall etc. We'd have to buy extremely well to not continue this pattern if we somehow make Europe because it wouldn't be helpful in that regard.
We are the opposite of flat track bullies under Silva. This team of his loves a challenge (Spurs apart).

It's early days though, and a better squad will see pressure on places.

He's getting used to this league. Will keep getting better. Lovely player to watch. He could be our David silva. (who i think has been the best PL player over the past 5 years)

My absolute idol the past 2 games and has been so immense on the attack and on defense throughout. Could have had an extra 2-3 goals over those games with a little better finishing and composure and when it comes it will be glorious. :celebrate:

works hard, nice sliding block when maitland -niles had a free shot on goal.

fair play he seems to be adapting

Status
Not open for further replies.