2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s created more chances per 90 m than other player in the PL with the exception of David Silva 2.9 to Silvas 3.0
If the other players don’t take the chances that’s not his fault
Those are the stats
Quite surprised at that. A great link man but we have seen him panic a couple of times and fluff the chance when a goal seemed on. Don’t know whether it’s composure or just his head being too quick for his feet sometimes.

He's not really free though. Supposedly we had to give him a big signing on fee zat, and he's on big wages (Inter baulked at the package deal he was after) so if we saw him as a short term 1-2 season signing and then sell on at a decent profit, then he would have to be sold on for a large transfer fee, especially to make a decent profit.

I wonder what the signing on fee and wages would be...say £5mil + £100k a week?

Wages seems ok for a champions league team in Italy Spain or top side in England ?

Well does say Marco know about this release clause? Or L’Equipe?

In assuming Silva would lol

Like.i said it was in the press and probably this very thread when he signed + google it?

Googled it, Sport Witness popped up, logged off.

This is.football
Echo
Sportwitness
Mail
Goal
Twitter
Sportsmole

Think he was signed by shahktar for €25mil in the first place so even if we got that it would represent €20mil ish profit.at a total guess.

Very surprised by this comment as I feel the total opposite. Bernard has great ability but I feel his problem is he doesn't have a good footballing brain, thus why he gives it away so much.

I originally hoped we had the next Steven pienaar with this guy, but from what I've seen he's half the player pienaar was for us. Just 1 assist and no goals in 14/15 appearances is very poor and his goals/assists at shakhtar were not much better.

I'm thinking Bernard doesn't add much to our team at all and he and Walcott are the reason we are not turning draws into wins at the moment.

Should we give Bernard time? Possibly, but I'm starting to think that what we are seeing from him now is what we will get from him and I'm not sure that's enough.

To be fair to them (and Lookman when he plays), our tactic against weaker opposition is always to approach down the wings while the opposition simply sit there doubled up on both sides.

Barkley had his faults, but he would always try and drive down the middle with purpose creating gaps out wide for us, we miss that from the squad, our wingers are constantly surrounded and suffocated.

Status
Not open for further replies.