2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s created more chances per 90 m than other player in the PL with the exception of David Silva 2.9 to Silvas 3.0
If the other players don’t take the chances that’s not his fault
Those are the stats

...surprised at that given he doesn’t frequently get behind the opposition back four and can fluff his lines when a killer pass is on.

Very talented footballer, I like watching him but I rarely think of him as a threat. Regarding those stats, I wonder what the definition of a ‘chance’ is. He does lay passes inside around the edge of the box, Sigurdsson scored from one earlier in the season.

Reminds me a bit of Osman, with more potential and a bit more speed.

Osman fir years was stuck on the wing and was inconsistent, because when he came up against good full backs, he didn’t have the speed or power to hurt them. Once Cahill left and he got a few more games inside, I think that suited him better. Unfortunately he was coming towards the end then.

I think Bernard could be the same, would definitely like to see him play a few games in siggurdsson position to see how he does

I’d personally like to see a midfield 3 of Gomes, Bernard and Sig. have Bernard playing a role similar to the 2 silva’s do for Man City. They all work hard enough and are clever enough to make it work.

...surprised at that given he doesn’t frequently get behind the opposition back four and can fluff his lines when a killer pass is on.

Very talented footballer, I like watching him but I rarely think of him as a threat. Regarding those stats, I wonder what the definition of a ‘chance’ is. He does lay passes inside around the edge of the box, Sigurdsson scored from one earlier in the season.

Do you think perhaps he may have been seen as a free transfer, short term 1-2 season signing to bring in and sell at a decent profit?

Depends, he may have seen it as a short term move to step into the prem before a move to another team.

I think he has a release clause
I think every player we sign at least in the back of their mind sees it as a chance to prove themselves and move up again. Unfortunately we aren't the very top of the chain but I'd prefer players look to prove themselves and move up then do what say Schneiderlin did and move down a step onto a comfy wage to play on for the last few years of his career.

PL teams don’t really do release clauses with free agents pal.

A google search says €45mil from a few different sites.

..I imagine Brands/Silva thought he’d be a very useful addition. It seems we finally have a playing strategy and they identified Bernard as a player who fitted it.

I think its quite interesting to see what happens in the next 2 windows...if he is seen as a rotation option or a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.