2019/20 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im focusing my "performances were unacceptable" at Sigurdsson and Davies. Yet they play almost every match for him. I'm not slating Carlo, just that its Groundhogs Day with him. We've seen players tons of times that are woeful in multiple matches in a row yet they get picked the next week. Tom Davies really doesn't have any place in a top flight team, yet, he's there every week.

Genuinely though, who is the alternative? Carlo's preferred two in the middle were Gylfi and Gomes, but let's be honest, one is a lazy gutless coward who can't wait to leave, and the other is a broken shell of a player who looks like he's at glandular fever levels of exhaustion within 5 minutes of the game kicking off. We (rightly) got rid of Morgan, so that just leaves the worst player to have ever played 100 games for us, and a player who was legged back from Wigan while on loan because he was arrogant and terrible. The last two games we've played against sides with vastly superior centre mids and been webbed everywhere.

For me, we've got a decent enough set of CBs (not world beaters), fullbacks are ok (one is excellent), Gordon who we should stick with on the left, and two up front who are ok (one of whom is excellent). But you just cannot carry a centre mid, right wing and goalkeeper as bad as ours. They aren't even average - they are bottom of the league bad.

Genuinely though, who is the alternative? Carlo's preferred two in the middle were Gylfi and Gomes, but let's be honest, one is a lazy gutless coward who can't wait to leave, and the other is a broken shell of a player who looks like he's at glandular fever levels of exhaustion within 5 minutes of the game kicking off. We (rightly) got rid of Morgan, so that just leaves the worst player to have ever played 100 games for us, and a player who was legged back from Wigan while on loan because he was arrogant and terrible. The last two games we've played against sides with vastly superior centre mids and been webbed everywhere.

For me, we've got a decent enough set of CBs (not world beaters), fullbacks are ok (one is excellent), Gordon who we should stick with on the left, and two up front who are ok (one of whom is excellent). But you just cannot carry a centre mid, right wing and goalkeeper as bad as ours. They aren't even average - they are bottom of the league bad.
You are being a bit insincere about that last part. They aren't bottom of the league bad. Far from it. They are bottom of the Championship bad.

But what's the point in fielding the same players over and over if they aren't playing to standard? May as well try different things

Now we have nothing to play for its the opportunity to see what players all the players can do. Play 4-4-2 with Baningime as the holding player and see what his partner can do with a disciplined defensive player in there. If Gomes/ Davies/Delph do ok at least then we would know that if we upgrade our more defensive player we might have something to work with. This is where Gbamin injury was an absolute disaster as I think we are all realistic enough to know Baningime is not good enough. However if we are going to play 4-4-2 it might be that none of our midfielders are good enough and we need 3/4 new ones in the summer as you need 2 for the team and 1/2 as back up. Part of the reason I want to play 4-3-3 as I think we might only need 2 midfielders as some of our midfielders wouldn't look as bad in a correctly balanced 3 man midfield. Before anyone says we have tried a 3 man midfield that was Davies with 2 number 10s which was hardly balanced. I'm talking about playing a 3 a bit like Chelsea 05/06, Makele DM, Essein DM/CM, Lampard CM/AM. I know they are all high calibre players but thats what I think we need. I personally think Gomes/Iwobi could do the Lampard role but obviously not quite to his level and maybe Gbamin could do one of the other 2 roles. Baningime is definitely not the answer but he may help us find out if other players are potentially the answer.

Is a strange 1. Thought he did well on his debut vs Chelsea. Not just him but the fact we have no players in the u23 ready to step up isnt a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.